Anonymous

John Z, the DeLorean & Me - Barrie Wills

If it's in print - new or old - then feel free to promote or write a review ... also if you are wanting to buy or sell then this is the place.
rugbyref1
Site Admin

John Z, the DeLorean & Me - Barrie Wills

Postby rugbyref1 » 30 Apr 2016 12:51

New Book: Author Barrie Wills
Owners of TR7 and TR8 convertibles may not be aware that soon after their cancellation by BL Cars, in 1982 the TR8 almost made a comeback as a refreshed version, using the Rover/Buick V8 3.5 litre powertrain and sporting a regenerated brand. With the agreement of BL's Harold Musgrove and Donald Healey, the Healey 3500 (see photograph of renderings of the restyle) was to be built alongside the DeLorean DMC-12 (renamed Healey Gullwing), as part of a British business plan to take the DeLorean plant out of receivership. How this failed is told in John Z, the DeLorean & Me - tales of an insider by Barrie Wills, former director of purchasing and supplies, final CEO and longest serving employee of DeLorean Motor Cars Limited of Dunmurry, Northern Ireland. The book is a hardback of almost 350 pages, fully illustrated by colour and B&W pictures and can be bought through www.deloreangarage.com, Waterstones, Ebay or Amazon
Attachments
John Z, the DeLorean & Me - Barrie Wills.jpg
John Z, the DeLorean & Me - Barrie Wills.jpg (75.78 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
Christopher

A respectable collection.

Benzo
Swagester

Re: John Z, the DeLorean & Me - Barrie Wills

Postby Benzo » 04 May 2016 08:34

Very interesting.

I worked in the old Delorean factory for 7 months last year, still some Delorean markings on the walls the the test track is still visible from the rear car-park.

It's one of 5 plants that my employer owns, I didn't know the above though!

Building - TR7 V8 - M62B44.