Anonymous

Brake fluid for Triumph TR7

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
john 215
TRemendous

Re: Brake Bleeding issue?

Postby john 215 » 03 May 2016 06:47

Hi,

Seen it a few times, more common is the reverse effect where it will let pressure through but not allow it to decay fully so holding the brake on, slightly, as this brake gets hot, things expand and it get even worse.... never a good thing !

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME !

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

1976 Speke FHC BEAUTY FITTED WITH OVERDRIVE GEARBOX

1979 3.5 FHC CURRENTLY GARDEN ART !

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

allzway
Scuttle Shaker

Re: Brake Bleeding issue?

Postby allzway » 03 May 2016 15:49

They probably should be replaced anyway, so I will go that route and make sure the problem is solved.

Thanks,

James

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Re: Brake fluid for Triumph TR7

Postby rugbyref1 » 02 Sep 2019 09:19

Just found this thread, very useful as I am about to bleed one of the TR7's … any other advice? (I will be using the Eezibleed system by Gunsons) … anything different when doing a factory TR8?
Christopher

A respectable collection.

saabfast
TRiffic

Postby saabfast » 02 Sep 2019 13:19

I use the Eezibleed for my brakes and clutch, works well. The only thing I have found is that with the single bleed screw at the back a small amount of air sometimes collects at that point over the year and it then fails the MOT on rear brake imbalance. Using the Eezibleed with a bottle full of fluid fills the car reservoir which then has to have some sucked out back to normal level. I now bleed the rear before the MOT but use the Eezibleed without filling the bottle with fluid. This forces the tiny air bubble with a small amount of fluid out without filling the reservoir which can easily be topped up if necessary, although I have found not enough is expelled to need it.
Alan
Saab 9-5 2.3t Vector Auto Estate Stage 1
Saab 9-3 2.0 SE Turbo Convertible
'81 TR7 DHC

dursleyman
TRiffic

Postby dursleyman » 11 Sep 2019 18:26

I bought one of those ones powered off an airline that sucks the fluid through, seemed to do a pretty good job for me after a new clutch slave cylinder was fitted.
Russ

1981 TR7 Sprint DHC & 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC
Dursley
UK

http://tr7russ.blogspot.co.uk/

Image Image