Anonymous

5hrs in a TR7.........

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 06 Aug 2008 05:47

Well done. It used to take me almost 5 hours from Toogoom, to
Nerang, [Gold Coast], every monday morning, at about 4.00 AM, when I
was living up there, & working down here. That was in a new V6 Holden.

Good luck with the car. I hpoe all the problems are little ones. No!
Not that type of little ones.

Hasbeen

PS.I've been dealing with Greg for many years.
I like the way he's prepared to tell you how to save money, as often
as he tells you how to spend it.
H

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 06 Aug 2008 07:07

I spent about 30 hours over four days (longest daily stint 10 hours) @ 80kph due to a tire simmy over that to get mine home.(I had the same problem with truck drivers, passed them going up the mountains, they passed me coming down). Water temp didn't work (bad sensor) so I took on faith that the temp was OK. (It always stays under half now even in hot stop and go driving). The engine is noisy compared to todays engines, (louvered hood, no sound proofing, convertible, timing chain not belt) but it cruizes very comfy at 100kph and wants to run faster to 120 kph (speedo only goes to 140 kph, actually 80 Mph, it's american.) If you don't have an air block in your cooling system, correct thermostat (with extension), clean radiator, water pump with vanes not corroded out, you won't have over heating problems.

TR7 Spider - 1978 Spifire - 1976 Spitfire - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra