Anonymous

My 2 TR7's - In Texas

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
racerttx
Wedgling

My 2 TR7's - In Texas

Postby racerttx » 15 Feb 2008 16:10

well somehow i've ended up with 2 TR7's

the white one is going to keep its 2.0 4cyl after i rebuild it, the black one is getting a 289 v8 5speed setup out of a '66 mustang, going to be setup for the twisties not straight lines.

after seeing some really good looking TR7/8 pictures and videos i am inspired to have the nicest (and fastest :) ) TR7(s) in Texas.

they both will need alot of work, and i'm considering doing something with these bumpers as they are so heavy and they make the car damn near 6 inches longer...

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 15 Feb 2008 16:53

nooooooo......... dont molest the spider..........

It rides again

racerttx
Wedgling

Postby racerttx » 15 Feb 2008 17:09

the spider has already been molested :( the bonehead who had it before me cut the front panel out with a sawzall, cut part of the left headlight structure... he even cut the wire harness into a few pieces, sad story but at least he didnt trash the pieces he cut off, i can weld it back together and grind it back down... i thought v8 tr7's were supposed to be nice, like in a class of their own, i was very impressed with what some of the v8 TR7's were doing on the track (youtube)... whats the advantage of leaving the spider stock? wouldnt it be alot more fun with 300 horse?

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 15 Feb 2008 17:21

maybee so............maybee its just me been nostalgic and british the spiders are just a bit rarer than a standard 7 thats all ..........id love it for what it is.... but as you say you'll find the big engine more fun he he he

It rides again

EntonoX
Rust Hunter

Postby EntonoX » 15 Feb 2008 17:40

I agree qith Gaz, you better modify the white one and make the spider as good as stock / new. But that is just my way of thinking, a spider is much rarer than a standard tr7.

TR7, ACG 2700L

welshsteve
Wedge Pilot

Postby welshsteve » 15 Feb 2008 18:11

Deffo mod the white one but keep the spider stock[;)]
Cheers Steve

If it's got tits or tyres then it's gonna cost ya!

sst
Swagester

Postby sst » 15 Feb 2008 19:51

Cool! I'm in Texas and my Spider rocks.. Good to know there's a few more Texans driving wedges.. Where you at in Texas?
Rock on man..

Son of a .... THATS gonna leave a mark!

racerttx
Wedgling

Postby racerttx » 15 Feb 2008 20:21

dont know much about these cars but i didnt realize the spider was that much more rare than a regular TR7, we got it thinking it was a sprint but now we see that those are incredibly rare... sounds like we need to v8 the white one...

i'm in Denton, TX, you?

are all spiders black?

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 15 Feb 2008 21:37

something ive never thought about............
i'm sure ive read it somewhere that the only black sevens to come of the production line were the spider although as to whether they did them in another colour im sure someone else will be able to answer but i don't think so???? interesting question though.....

It rides again

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 16 Feb 2008 08:27

The Jubilee in 1977 and the Premium in 1980 were also black. Both fixed heads as opposed to the convertible Spider.

Good luck with the new purchases racerttx. You'll find every part is still available to repair whatever damage has been done to these cars. First thing I would recommend though is to purchase David Knowles latest book - that will get you completely hooked on these cars and teach you everything you'll ever need to know.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

TR Tony
TRemendous

Postby TR Tony » 16 Feb 2008 10:45

All Spiders were DHC cars in black with special body transfers, as far as I know. They were only sold in the states.

Like John C says, the only other black TR7s from the factory were FHC limited edition models.

Tony
<font size="1">1981 2L FHC Cavalry Blue - very original & not rusty!
1980 3.5L V8 DHC Regency Red - on the road again.</font id="size1">

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 16 Feb 2008 15:25

John, you are the man ...but I thought Jubilee's were white. Also there was a European Ltd Ed DHC in black or silver I think. Chris knows the correct details I think....

<ul><b><li>Ex BL Development TR8 (Rally Replica).</li>
<li>The First and Only UK TR7 "Victory Edition" (Now Sold) </li>
<li>Ex-BL/Safety Devices Development 8v Rally Car.</li>
<li>"The Shape of things to Come" Trailer.</b></li></ul> Image

<b><font color="blue">http://www.croyde-bay.com/triumph.htm</font id="blue"></b>

<b><font color="blue">croydebay@aol.com</b></font id="blue">

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 16 Feb 2008 15:42

You'll find the only image of a Jubilee that I know of in 'my photos' http://www.forum.triumphtr7.com/photo_a ... eeTR7b.jpg

Scroll to the bottom of the page that pops up and there it is.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

racerttx
Wedgling

Postby racerttx » 16 Feb 2008 16:55

i can already tell you i will need a front suspension crossmember / subframe ... know any place that has this kind of stuff for cheap?

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 16 Feb 2008 21:29

The Jubilee and Premium were UK Special editions. The Spider was the last Special Edition and destined for the N/A market. While the Jubilee was little more than added tape the Spider was full featured complete with alloys, TR8 Steering wheel, A/C, special cassette/AM/FM radio, grey shag carpet, charcoal racing stripes on seats, optional/standard Bosch fuel injection depending on were it was sold and when in it's five months of production it was produced, not to mention it's graphics package. It lacked only the halogen headlights of the Premium. Out of 112,000+ TR7's built there were about only 1,988 Spiders. Hence the call to mod the white car. (I too thought the only black TR7's were the UK Premium FHC and the Spider DHC although they were different blacks.)

TR7 Spider - 1978 Spifire - 1976 Spitfire - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra