Anonymous

30th Anniversary Edition TR7

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
trwedgn
Wedgling

30th Anniversary Edition TR7

Postby trwedgn » 18 Oct 2007 22:45

Thanks to Jclay who confirmed that the 30th Anniversary Edition came with Bosch fog lamps. The setup looked right as far as the wiring was concerned, but I have always wondered about the mounting brackets, as they appear to be simple pieces of angle bar.

To 1980dhc who was wondering about having an original 30th Anniversary Edition, I think the only way to be 100% certain is to have the original window sticker. I have a window sticker from a car that was serial numbered 584 cars later than mine and it states under Equipment:
30th Anniverary Edition Package N/C
Package Includes:
- Fog Lamps
- AM/FM Ster. Cassette Radio
- Luggage Rack
- Cocoa Floor Mats
- Coachline Striping
- Racing Type Atrg Wheel
- Special Wheel Trim
- 30th Anniversary Plaque
The car was advertised as a 1980 TR7 Conv, Ser TCT 112398UCF and the list price was $9,235.00.

My car has all the items listed, so I have assumed that it is a 30th Anniversary Edition. As part of the striping kit, decals are attached just above the side moulding, above the black stoneguard paint, and between the door and the wheel well that say 2 LITRE. The wheel trim, attached to a silver painted steel wheel, is unique, and includes brushed aluminum trim rings and brushed aluminum center caps. When I got my car it had aftermarket trim rings from NAPA and center caps from the aluminum wheels. Original trim rings and center caps were the hardest parts to locate of all that I had to get. The parts that I finally located have a dull finish and I would be interested to hear if this is the correct look or if they are supposed to be shiny.

jclay (RIP 2018)
TRemendous

Postby jclay (RIP 2018) » 19 Oct 2007 12:31

My 1980 30th Anniversary as I purchased it. I changed wheels and tires, removed side trim, logos and reapplied pin stripping. (external stuff).

2002:

Now: