Anonymous

coil pack

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
fastman
Wedge Pilot

coil pack

Postby fastman » 15 Oct 2007 03:12

I just purchased an engine, 5 speed, prop-shaft and all pieces not used for the 3.8litre swap in a TR7. The coil pack was mounted to the left side near the brake servo. There is a two wire connector from the harness to the coil module. If I were to use this set-up, how and where would I run wires from? Should I just keep the older style coil and resistor that I am currently using and switch distributers?

mb4tim
Wedgista

Postby mb4tim » 15 Oct 2007 03:25

Isn't that 2-wire from the harness for the tachometer? The plug from the coil comes from underneath, and shares an exit from the harness with a plug for under the master cylinder, no?

There should be a cable coming from the new dizzy to the side of the coil pack.

I just went through cleaning all the connections on mine. It's so much happier now.

-Tim
http://www.morSpeedPerformance.com
ImageImage

fastman
Wedge Pilot

Postby fastman » 17 Oct 2007 01:39

The two wire plug you refer to is the one I'm wondering about. Is one ignition (white) and the other ground? I was thinking of using my same (old) wiring harness and wondering how to wire the coil pack. The 'cable' plugs into the dizzy- that I got.