Anonymous

no encouragemnt needed now whe hey!!!

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
gaz
TRemendous

no encouragemnt needed now whe hey!!!

Postby gaz » 18 Sep 2007 11:41

hi gu's iv'e decided to start a new thread for this car as in all fairness i did actually place in the wrong sub-forum ( 2 litre not V8) and it was also getting a bit long and picture heavy if any of you need a reminder ........ http://www.forum.triumphtr7.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4093 .........
from the last lot of photo's i posted....

and now with lick of paint.....

still quite a bit of work to do yet but i think this speke's for it'self if you think back to what it was like.........

and now those rear arches are looking very sweet indeed.....

i couldn't resist putting the cover over where the hood goes..only now i wish i hadn't because looking at this photo makes me feel like jumping in and driving it and theres still quite a bit of work to do untill that day comes............Image

ONE DAY IT'LL BE BACK!!!

john mc nulty
Wedge Pilot

Postby john mc nulty » 18 Sep 2007 12:20

Looks sweet now compared to what it was

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 18 Sep 2007 12:29

Good job so far ...
Actually very nice [8D]

<center>Image
<font color="blue"><i>1981 TR7 FHC Sprint (better known as 't Kreng)
1981 TR7 DHC (not very well known yet, but back on the road)
Also a 1980 TR7 DHC, 1980 TR7 DHC FI, 1981 TR7 FHC
http://tr7beans.blogspot.com/</i></font id="blue"></center>

birminghamtr7
Wedgista

Postby birminghamtr7 » 18 Sep 2007 18:11

just looked through your previous thread respect due, ive been at mine for 3 years now just had inside and boot painted, body by the weekend its a great feeling when your over the worst cant wait for next summer.

if you factor in the earth's rotation, we are all speeding

john
TRiffic

Postby john » 18 Sep 2007 19:50

Absolutly due respect you are doing a marvelous job, just looking back at your originals photo's, the cars going to be an absolute credit to your determination and shear hard work...

[8 whole cylinders worth of punch to ram the world through the windshield and out the rear view mirror. Car & Driver]
1981 Grinnall TR7 v8
1981 Black FHC
1979 & 1980 Black Premium FHC(laid to rest) Sorry :-(

John

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 18 Sep 2007 21:14

Hi Gaz,
She is looking great fella,well done you [:D]
Cheers John

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!
1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)
1982 2.0 DHC Soon to be a 4.6 fire breather!!
Read My Blog http://www.waringstowntr7s.co.uk/blogs/ ... hp/John215

paul w
Wedgista

Postby paul w » 18 Sep 2007 22:19

Gaz,well done mate.Kewl shade'o'blue.You should be psyched up enough now to get all the fiddly bits done.It will be great to see on the road.

See ya. Paul

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 19 Sep 2007 07:37

cheers guy's
ive had to have a new windscreen fitted as the old one must have had a small crack cos when the chrome trim was taken of it just went, but the original one did have few air bubbles in it so its no bad thing....
the handles, wipers, wing mirrors, windsrceen base finisher and anything else that was meant to be black has rubbed down satin blacked and put back on the car door glass's are in and boy did i have fun with all those little bits of metal and clips (that call them selves the inner workings of locks )
and at the moment its in the garrage having some work done i am told that when it comes out of there it will drive out with a brand new MOT the first one as far as i can make out for 12 years and so SHA169W (SHADOW) as we tend to call it, sad i know but it almost say's it in the reg. wil hit the tarmac again.................

ONE DAY IT'LL BE BACK!!!

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 09 Nov 2007 09:44

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................

I'm really starting to pull my hair out now it's been in the garage now for over 9 weeks and its still not done they keep telling me theres not much to do now...................but they told me that ages ago....... i just wish they had the same enthusiasim as us lot on here!...........

although on a plus point my wife and i are having a baby and the due date.......... was yesterday baby hasn't arrived and neither has the car which will come first????????.
i know which one i want first and it dosen't run on petrol

can't wait for either he he he.........

ONE DAY IT'LL BE BACK!!!

paul w
Wedgista

Postby paul w » 09 Nov 2007 17:00

Gaz,"Good things come to those who wait",dunno who said it,but its the truth!Hope the 'little one' arrives safely.Look after the wife,the wedge can wait a bit longer.All the best mate,

See ya. Paul

richards
Rust Hunter

Postby richards » 12 Nov 2007 21:04

whe hey!!!! Loving the paint job gaz. Sorry to here about the various delays, im sure with a new baby in the house there wont be much time to play with the car for a bit any way. Good luck with both your babies.

Get a lifestyle
Get a TR7!

www.ttr7.co.uk

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 14 Nov 2007 18:34

NOT ENOUGH TIME HE HE.........
we'll see about that one ( a sharp slap on the back of head of the missus as i type this )
the car should hopefully as they have told me today be out of the garrage tommorow and on my drive with a new MOT...... if it is youll see the flags out.............. but we'll see ........ how many times have they given me that line

[:D]

ONE DAY IT'LL BE BACK!!!

trrobbie
Rust Hunter

Postby trrobbie » 15 Nov 2007 18:13

I like that color![:)] Looks like your getting there slow but sure.[:p] Good job so far and good luck with it![:D] Robbie in wyoming

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 15 Nov 2007 19:39

i got a phone call this evening about 5:20pm saying that..........................................
There has got to be a drum roll for this one .............

THE CAR NOW HAS AN MOT
the first one since 1995 ill pick it up tommorw once ihave raod tax and insurance sorted out

and finally i will get my first drive of a TR7 ive only owned one since july 2003 i better like it after all this time
my brother and i are going to put the new hood on a week this satuday all being well other than that a new carpet this year and then everything else will probs have to wait till next spring but at least ill be driving it at last .......
WHE HEY!.....

ONE DAY IT'LL BE BACK!!!

andyf
Swagester

Postby andyf » 16 Nov 2007 09:59

Congratulations. I bet it`s a great feeling to have it sorted finally. I`m sure you`ll love driving it, particularly after the time and effort you`ve put into it.

1980 persian aqua DHC