Anonymous

Fuel injection

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
paulg
Wedgling

Postby paulg » 27 Aug 2007 09:13

I dont use my TR7 very often but each time I do it takes a bit of cranking and playing with the choke to get it going and then its a bit of a pain until it has warmed up. I know if I get the carbs set up properly it will be better but I want to be able to get in it, rain or shine, and for it to start like a modern car. Also I think it would be a fun project!

birminghamtr7
Wedgista

Postby birminghamtr7 » 27 Aug 2007 10:30

its the bosch l jetronic electronic system i should have some other bits air mass meter and ecu

if you factor in the earth's rotation, we are all speeding

jetser
Wedgling

Postby jetser » 27 Aug 2007 19:10

That's one thing for sure.
When I had carbs(used the eu type) on it.
It started and drove fine.(No matter the weather conditions)
I used a low pressure electrical fuelpump instead of the orginal one.
I dont know if your car is an US car or an EU car.
But if you have an EU car you problably have to have an other waterpump housing and the backplate fitted on the cilinderhead is also different.
I don't know how much a difference it does make that the FI models have low compresion pistons fitted.
Succes!

TR7 SPIDER FI

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 27 Aug 2007 19:33

You should be able to ungrade to 9 to 1 pistions and change the cam to reasonable upgrade, even use headers with bung welded in for oxygen sensor with no problems as the lambda feedback will automatically adjust the fuel to keep a proper 14:1 air/fuel mixture. Maybe if K&N made an air filter that would fit the air box that would be even better. The L jetronic, being one of the first electronic fuel injection systems, was designed to meet increasing stiff emissions and not produce max horsepower/mileage but if you do engine upgrades it should automatically compensate the fuel needed unlike carbs which have to have needles and springs changed, needles sanded down to get an even mixture through out the RPM range. (A friend of mine had to do that on his Spitfire's SU's to get rid of a flat spot (lean) on a portion of the RPM range.)

paulg
Wedgling

Postby paulg » 27 Aug 2007 19:53

I am interested in a manifold and throttle body(s) with throttle position sensor. I am making my own ECU and will be using TPS and manifold pressure as the main sensors.

birminghamtr7
Wedgista

Postby birminghamtr7 » 27 Aug 2007 20:31

give me a call or email if interested you can always drop by im in dudley west mids,
i did have a full set of injection gear for spares the only thing i didnt have was fuel tank or fuel pump.

email lob475x@aol.com

tel 01384456560

birminghamtr7
Wedgista

Postby birminghamtr7 » 27 Oct 2007 12:32

I HAVE LISTED A FEW OF MY SPARE FUEL INJECTION ITEMS ON EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=003