Anonymous

It's raining TR7s

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
Hasbeen
TRemendous

It's raining TR7s

Postby Hasbeen » 23 Aug 2019 08:53

Second time in a fortnight I have been contacted by an aging 7 owner who must part with his love. This one is in South East Queensland, & has been extensively modified for hill climbing & sprint competition.

It is still club registered, but has not turned a wheel for many years. It has a supercharged Dolly Sprint engine, & a host of upgrades, but was still used on the road. I'm advised the only rust is in the spare wheel well. The owner is moving to a retirement village, & can not take the car with him.

It is for sale, not total give away.

The list of mods,

TR7 hill climb car
1978 TR7 - Red -- Sunroof good cond. - Little rust ( boot area )
Dolomite Sprint Motor 16 V – Supercharged & Intercooled ,
Crankshaft and all overhead gear has been '' Tufftrided '' .
Low Compression with O-ringed Head Spacer –Fuel Injected –
Wolf 3D with remote Handpiece and USB spare program storage .
Electric Fans – 100 Amp Alternator . Exhaust Extractors with 2 inch Exhaust System .
TR7 Box 5 Speed (only 5000 kms), Twin Plate Clutch .
TR7 Rear Axle with Quaife Diff Center and Alfasud front Disc Brakes with Handbrake .
Commodore front Brakes (Manual Brake Bias Adjuster)
Adjustable Camber Plates , Koni Adjustable Struts
8 Minilite Mags 15 X 7 X Standard TR7 stud pattern - tyres old and R.S.
Wolf 3D installation and programming Manuals , Genuine TR7 and Dolomite Sprint workshop Manuals
Faults ---- Water pump leaks--- both fuel pumps are seized with 9 year old petrol gunk --- clutch plates need re-lining .

If any one is interested drop me a message for contact details. The car could be really great, or a money pit. We may be just silly enough to make an offer if no one else wants it.

Hasbeen

Cobber
TRemendous

Re: It's raining TR7s

Postby Cobber » 23 Aug 2019 13:15

Go on Hasbeen.........ya know ya wanna! :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, take a deep breath, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

'80 Triumph TR7.
'97 Ford Falcon Longreach 'S' ute,
'98 MG-F.
'83 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign S3.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 23 Aug 2019 14:58

In the past year or so I noticed shift in our car club. More cars up for sale because of health or people moving out of houses and into apartments, assisted living etc. with limited parking (usually at best, one parking space per unit). Also the sale of MG's and Triumphs and the like as more people move to Jag XK8's, XKR's as they are plentiful, relatively cheap and easier to drive with their power steering, power brakes and automatic transmissions as well as being easier to get into and out of. A sign of the times. Although our club has held pretty steady with the number of members coming into the club equaling the number leaving for one reason or another, We have just recently instituted a policy that any club member's car that is sold to a none member, that person buying the car gets a free years membership in the club to help make him (or her) aware of what the club was about. It was passed unanimously.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 23 Aug 2019 17:18

Of course I do Cobber, but I only have 20 acres here, & I have already run out of shed space with the last one.

But if you promise to come up & get the fuel pumps working, & help overhaul the brakes, I just might be talked into it. :twisted:

Hasbeen

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 23 Aug 2019 18:45

Technical specs look rather promising.
Shame the car is on the other side of the planet ...
... or maybe that is a good thing for my bank account :mrgreen:
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 24 Aug 2019 02:01

Yes Beans, it must have been a pretty potent 7, 8 years ago.

I've had a call from one member who is somewhat interested. After a bit of a chat he worked out he had seen it competing way back then, & he reckoned it was a great car.

Hasbeen

Axis of evil
Wedgling

Postby Axis of evil » 25 Aug 2019 07:13

I'm in Runaway Bay How close would it be? If it is still available I would definitely be interested in checking it out, particularly as it's a car with the potential to be road registered.

My wife does not know :wink: … yet (I think she is getting used to the first one, she actually complemented it the other day. Its Inca yellow with black stripes. "Nice colour- for a bumble bee").

(Ive always found the best approach is to pretend cars just materialise in the yard).

Russ

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 25 Aug 2019 12:19

Axis of evil wrote: ... the best approach is to pretend cars just materialise in the yard ...

I want a yard like that where TR7 just sprout from the earth :mrgreen:
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 25 Aug 2019 13:09

The car is up on the Darling Downs near Crows Nest, north of Toowoomba.

One of the members here is going to look at it. I report what happens either way.

Hasbeen

Axis of evil
Wedgling

Postby Axis of evil » 25 Aug 2019 22:34

I've just got rid of a Datsun Z2 seater that has been in the garage for 2 years, would be rocking the wifes boat a little too quick if I had to explain that the garage space she had just reclaimed for her car had been taken over again.(and the grass verge out front has definitely been decreed off limits)
Old cars are an addiction :(