Anonymous

Parts identification

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
tr7dan
Rust Hunter

Parts identification

Postby tr7dan » 02 Jan 2018 23:53

So, I have a large box of parts which I had zinc plated when I dismantled the engine bay area of my 1980 DHC about twenty years ago and have just spent a few hours sorting them into labelled plastic bags using the factory parts book and the notes which I made at the time.

Of course, like the proverbial Ikea bookcase, there are a few small parts left over which I can't quite place - it may become obvious when I start to reassemble the car but in the meantime I would be grateful if anyone could identify these parts please ?

No's 6 and 7 are the same with captive washers....

cheers

Dan

REX
Wedgling

Re: Parts identification

Postby REX » 03 Jan 2018 10:14

Number 2 is the bracket that holds the windscreen washer pump, probably held in place by the two threaded screws. The single threaded screw could be for attaching the bonnet stay to the turret. Hope this helps.

tr7dan
Rust Hunter

Postby tr7dan » 03 Jan 2018 10:54

Ok, thanks for that.

Yep, no 2 bracket, as you say, is off the washer pump but isn't shown separately in the parts catalogue so that's why I missed it. I must have removed it from the washer pump to get it plated and forgot to list it.

The single screw looks nothing like the screw in the parts book for holding the bonnet stay to suspension turret but I googled the part no and at least one supplier is listing it as 'shouldered screw' which seems to describe it perfectly - also it looks right for fitting the thackeray washer to so it could be the one

cheers

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 03 Jan 2018 15:23

1 = spring retainer from the bonnet striker pin
3 = bracket mounted to the brake servo to keep hose from servo to manifold in position (spring clip missing)
5 = screw for mounting brake reservoir to master cylinder (one of two ...)
Last edited by Beans on 05 Jan 2018 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

fastman
Wedge Pilot

Postby fastman » 04 Jan 2018 14:37

#4 looks like a hard-line, or cable clip. Perhaps the bonnet release cable clip? Choke?
TR7 FHC