Anonymous

Can't remember how it fits back together...

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
tr7dan
Rust Hunter

Re: Can't remember how it fits back together...

Postby tr7dan » 16 Jan 2018 13:01

trsforever wrote:Hi, have you found a cure to this problem yet?
I have watched your you tube post and there are no carbs or linkage fitted when it is all assembled it should clear by about 4-5mm that arm wont actually go that far that it hits the manifold as the throttle shaft hits the stops on the carbs first. Good luck.

For some reason, on my car, the number of degrees of rotation of the linkage arm from rest, to a point where it hits the manifold is less than the number of degrees of rotation required to open the throttle discs from completely closed to fully open and hitting the stops on the carb body - so, no, I couldn't get the carbs to open fully before the arm hit the manifold without spacing the actuating plate assembly off the manifold slightly.

The worrying part is that, apart from not being able to achieve full throttle (ok... probably rarely, if ever, required !), I could forsee a situation where, if left like that, a bootful of pedal would see the actuating arm jammed against the manifold on full throttle (gulp!)

Dan