Anonymous

Sorry Stupid question LH RH

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
Traindriver69
Wedgling

Sorry Stupid question LH RH

Postby Traindriver69 » 16 Mar 2017 19:50

Hi all
After repairing my front bumper I was going to replace the indicator side light units I had took out and they are marked up LH RH now is it LH RH as looking at the front of the car or from sitting in and looking out of the car please excuse me if I am sounding dumb.
Many thanks in advance

Beans
TRemendous

Re: Sorry Stupid question LH RH

Postby Beans » 16 Mar 2017 20:07

As seen while sitting in the car ...
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Re: Sorry Stupid question LH RH

Postby Hasbeen » 17 Mar 2017 04:34

I'm not sure it really matters.

I accidently installed one of mine up side down. On one side the indicator is on the outside of the parking light, on the other it is on inside.

I noticed it a few days later, but decided to leave it & see if anyone ever noticed.

That was 15 years ago, & so far, if anyone has noticed, they have not mentioned it. I think it is fun to have my 7 different to all the others.

Many years ago a mate built himself a 45Ft yacht. It was supposed to have 6 portholes on each side. However he found on one side one port would be in a hanging locker, & another in a galley cupboard.

Port hole fittings are expensive, so he decided to leave those 2 out, so one side had 6 & the other 4. He was worried people would think it looked funny. He need not have worried. In 6 years the only people who noticed were those he told the story too.

Hasbeen