Anonymous

TR7 Wiper lengths

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
busheytrader
TRemendous

Re: Triumph TR7 Wiper Blades with Pin??

Postby busheytrader » 10 May 2018 23:23

laney wrote:The easy thing to do, is tap the hole with a 5mm tap where the pins go, No need to drill right size hole already. Bend the tag away which use to hold the old pins in place, one is a blind hole so don't over tap 10mm is plenty. Screw in some 5mm s/s threaded bar about 40mm long in the blind hole. The other open hole screw in a 5mm pan head set bolt, from behind Then get some s/s nuts nyloc and s/s washers.Then the best bit go down to your local stockist and buy some lovely Bosh wiper blades, I prefer 16" but some people like longer ones. In the middle you will find a 5mm hole. First place a washer on stud and then wiper then another washer , then nut . Tighten gently until resistance is felt, but blades can still move freely. Cut studs down leaving two threads are showing after nut. Rarely you may have touch the wiper hole with a 5mm drill, but this has only happened to me twice. I think it was only the paint in the hole. Once done you can get blades any where. And they wont fall off. I touch mine up with black marker pens. And use a spacer inside the blades from a cut down black felt tip pen. Had mine on for donkey years. Never had a problem.

I didn't notice this thread when it was current. Looks like a simple sensible mod for this summer. Backin the day, my pal's yellow FHC lost its wipers in the rain more than once thanks to the pins falling out of the wiper arms. The arms scored the windscreen beautifully.