Anonymous

Good buy or good bye?

Here’s where to discuss anything specific about your standard(ish) car or something that applies to the model in general.
whitenviro
Swagester

Postby whitenviro » 04 Oct 2012 17:48

Nice color, sounds relatively solid and had a good amount of work already done on it. I'd check it for more rust in all of the usual places that aren't visually obvious. The remaining electrical issues can be maddening, but should sort out relatively easily. That is not a dolomite sprint engine, just the standard TR7 2 liter.

For all the work already done $1200 may be a good price, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while to sell. Wait a month and see what the price is then!

[/img]
1980 Pageant Blue DHC with removable hardtop.

PeterTR7V8
TRemendous

Postby PeterTR7V8 » 04 Oct 2012 19:28

At face value it's a bargain IMHO.

The map: http://tinyurl.com/wedgemap . The blog: http://www.forum.triumphtr7.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8548

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 04 Oct 2012 19:32

Almost sounds like my Yellow TCT (with out spare parts), some rust in spare wheel well, not running (flooding) but only 30,000 miles on it. I suggested he sell it for $1,200 but after 2 years he hadn't had a bite so I bought it for $100. Yours is an early coupe. Similar to Ron's sons car that he bought for $1,000. Price is about right. Electrics are cheap to fix (usually just corroded connections) clean them all. Carbs can be cleaned up and adjusted for little. Few people know how to do it properly so your best bet is to learn to do it properly yourself. Check body well for rust, sills (area under doors), wheel wells, spare wheel well, look under car and especially were rear suspension attaches to the body. Check under carpets.

Looks like a good buy, the only area I can see that concerns me is the spare wheel well. Make sure the rust is surface only, if it's through you have to do some welding and a point to get price down. Not many people want a mid-project car so will not likely get much attention.

- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra - Yellow TCT

Workshop Help
TRiffic

Postby Workshop Help » 04 Oct 2012 19:58

Well, it's green and the visible paint is shiny. Being a 1976 model, this is the preferred year model to have. It has the manual chokes which give you absolute control over cold starting. Tho it has the indestructible yet awful four speed gearbox, it does have the wonderful 3.63:1 ratio differential.

The asking price is about right because the cost of paint alone would blow that amount clear away. Not being able to view the other sides of the car or it's underside, one can only hope it is not rotted or damaged. If the body is okay, this would make a good project. Is the interior in decent condition?

Please personally examine prior to buying.

I will refrain from mouthing off about modifications until the car is legally yours and inside the garage.

Mildred Hargis