Anonymous

Blue Tartan Material

Too many people duplicate work that others already have done ... if you're having something remade then tell us about it! Success and Disasters, they are all useful to know about!
DaveR
Wedgling

Blue Tartan Material

Postby DaveR » 02 Jul 2018 13:10

I read with interest the thread regarding the Green Tartan Material that was woven by the House of Tartan.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21390&start=90

I wondered if anyone had made any inroads on having the blue redone the same way as replacement door cards and seat covers in the blue are NLA.

Mainly asking as I have a TR8 that should have velour interior but the seat material is unusable (And unavailable to replace). So having given it much thought would like to have a complete blue tartan change (door cards and seats).

My gut feel is that the demand for these is there so wondered if any knows if any work is being done to get them reproduced?

Cheers

Dave

XSeries
Rust Hunter

Re: Blue Tartan Material

Postby XSeries » 08 Jul 2018 23:08

Dave

The colour chart for the TR7 calls it a blue or tan "check" so I suspect the Scottish company may not wish to make it! The tan was remade so perhaps one day the blue might be. I suspect a lot will depend on the future value of the cars. If the TR7 is worth £5,000 then few will pay £000s to redo seats and door trims. However, if the car took off like the TR6 has done then at £20,000 people would be (much more likley) prepared to fork out for correct trim!

Brian

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Re: Blue Tartan Material

Postby rugbyref1 » 20 Jul 2018 08:15

The 'tartan' material was never woven ... this is why the attempts so far (although effort should be noted and applauded) means that it is not the same as the original.
Christopher

A respectable collection.