Anonymous

Weber steel 48DCOE inlet manifolds

Too many people duplicate work that others already have done ... if you're having something remade then tell us about it! Success and Disasters, they are all useful to know about!
sp2 boy
Wedgling

Weber steel 48DCOE inlet manifolds

Postby sp2 boy » 05 Oct 2015 17:26

I've just been onto the original suppliers of the inlet manifolds and asked about the possibility of them supplying another set or even to make a small run of them. As their response was not enthusiastic about re-manufacturing these I shall not hold my breath. It would seem that most of the original staff that were involved in the original business have left and since they moved to their new premises, in the last few years, many of the old tooling/jigs have been discarded.

I shall hold out for a few more weeks before even contemplating making the inlet manifolds. anybody interested in the quad DCOE inlet manifolds fabricated in steel please send me a PM as that will help with an idea of numbers that might be possibly interested in them should the OE supplier come up trumps.

I have attached an image so that everybody is aware of the manifolds that I mean.Image

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Re: Weber steel 48DCOE inlet manifolds

Postby rugbyref1 » 13 Oct 2015 10:04

i'm a possible
Christopher

A respectable collection.

camp
Wedgling

Postby camp » 16 Oct 2015 18:15

Count me in, sp2 boy.
camp
1979 TR7V8 Grp4 (SOP777S)
1981 TR8 DHC EFI

march
Wedge Pilot

Postby march » 25 Oct 2015 08:28

Having found out that the FIA are insisting on steel manifolds please count me in as a probable.

sp2 boy
Wedgling

Postby sp2 boy » 28 Oct 2015 18:24

Okay, as I need more than the one set of steel manifolds that I recently acquired I shall look at getting a small batch of these made, do not feel compelled to purchase as I do not need to sell whatever I have made.

I hope to start moving this forward in the forthcoming weeks, though there are some pieces missing from the set that I have and I need to establish exactly what is needed.

Please be patient as this is not the only thing that I am involved in and my work schedule is rather hectic to say the least. I expect to have the first set ready after Christmas and will inform those that have shown interest the cost.

I am hoping to have the manifolds and the correct throttle linkage for the set available. It should be noted that the alloy manifolds currently available are unsuitable for the 'International HTP', as mentioned by March.

The alloy units available from JE are currently listed at £550 + VAT ( OCT 2015 £660). Hopefully these will be competitively priced but until the first set is made I will not have any idea of the final price.

camp
Wedgling

Postby camp » 05 Nov 2015 22:03

No hurry here. Only respect for what you try to achieve. Thank you!
camp
1979 TR7V8 Grp4 (SOP777S)
1981 TR8 DHC EFI

cholmes
Wedgling

Postby cholmes » 23 Feb 2016 02:24

Hi,

Just a quick inquiry to see if you have moved forward with this manifold? I'am a little way off needing one myself, but was just researching options this morning and came across your post.
I look forward to your response.
Cheers,

Clay

N0gginthen0g
Wedgling

Postby N0gginthen0g » 05 Apr 2016 07:26

Hi
How are you getting on with the manifolds.
I am in need of a set to in order to get my HTP.