Anonymous

Reproduction Red, White and Blue BL Rally Jackets

Too many people duplicate work that others already have done ... if you're having something remade then tell us about it! Success and Disasters, they are all useful to know about!
O series
Wedgling

Postby O series » 06 Feb 2013 05:22

What is a real one of these worth?

The O series cars, the final development

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 06 Feb 2013 07:11

Nothing to report yet but we are still investigating avenues. For those that don't know what these rally jackets look like they are just like the V patten of red, white and blue on the TR7 V8 rally cars. The British Leyland helmet logo patch is on the left breast. Originals of these are still available so no problems with sourcing those.

An original one is worth anything up to £200 dependent on condition. Mint examples do not come up and as far as I know I have the only one in such a condition. Hence why I want to use it for reproduction purposes.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphdvd.co.uk"]Triumph TR7 and other car documentaries on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

tr8
Wedgista

Postby tr8 » 22 Mar 2015 01:26

Check this one out. XL, big enough for some...

http://horizonblue.jp/?pid=48282019

Use translation

looks like they only ship to Japan.

Paul

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 22 Mar 2015 06:53

That's a very good reproduction of the cheaper version of the jacket. It doesn't look as good but no doubt costs a lot less than the version we're sourcing over here. I don't know the latest update but a few months back it was looking hopeful the TRDC regalia producers would be able to do it.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphdvd.co.uk"]Triumph TR7 and other car documentaries on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

Stevie P
Rust Hunter

Postby Stevie P » 22 Mar 2015 09:06

I'd in, but that one on the Japanese site looks cheap and poor quality, the label stitching is a give away!

Steve

TonyS
Scuttle Shaker

Re: Reproduction Red, White and Blue BL Rally Jackets

Postby TonyS » 17 Jul 2015 17:29

I was googling this very subject and this thread popped up!

Just wondering if this idea ever progressed or if anyone knows of a supplier.

gaz
TRemendous

Re:

Postby gaz » 29 Jul 2015 23:13

John Clancy wrote:That's a very good reproduction of the cheaper version of the jacket. It doesn't look as good but no doubt costs a lot less than the version we're sourcing over here. I don't know the latest update but a few months back it was looking hopeful the TRDC regalia producers would be able to do it.

No further advancement on the Jacket from when we last spoke John,but I have sourced someone who can produce them,
However at the moment they are extremely busy, I hope to have a prototype I can bring along to the NEC.
Watch this space
www.classiccarrunblackpool.co.uk

1981 DHC 2.0 Litre
1980 DHC pedal car
1982 DHC TR-ailer in the making

ImageImageImageImage

Ianftr8
Swagester

Re: Reproduction Red, White and Blue BL Rally Jackets

Postby Ianftr8 » 19 Feb 2016 21:28

Sitting on the train this morning opposite me was a man in a red/white/blue ski jacket which would pass very well for a "BL" rally jacket.
Sadly I didn't get to talk to him to find out what make it was but it looked pretty new.

So here's a challenge - how about "googling" ski jackets and see what you can find - I'm having a go but many hands makes light work.

Cheers

Ian
Ian Freeman
1979 TR8 DHC KDU 315V Poseidon Greens USA car that never crossed the pond. Kept by the factory for it's first 14 months.
Triumph Courier
Triumph owner for 40 years
From near Chelmsford in Essex, UK