Anonymous

Front fog light dilema

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
Dazman
Wedgling

Front fog light dilema

Postby Dazman » 09 Jul 2019 08:00

Hi guys,
Was wondering if anybody could shed some light on an issue i seem to have with the front fog lamps,
Ive got a set of led front lamps fitted under the front bumper,i have the red/yellow cable at the front and at the rear of the switch but when i test the wire i have no continuaty on my tester.
Is there a relay somewhere and where is its location? and if not,does anyone know the path that the cable takes so that i can re-wire it.
Hope you can help
Daz

supercass
Swagester

Re: Front fog light dilema

Postby supercass » 09 Jul 2019 17:24

There isn't a relay as standard but it is possible that one has been fitted since as a TSB was issued to fit a relay when front fogs were fitted. Usual place to locate the relay is by the left hand side of the heater console towards the firewall and floor but if fitted it could be anywhere. Bear in mind that the wiring was not always as you would expect so you would need to test continuity under various conditions, i.e. with sidelights on and then with dipped beam on and with the first and second position on the later two position switch. The black connectors under the front bumper also suffer from oxidization inside so you need to make sure you have a sound contact. Have you excluded a faulty switch?
supercass

Dazman
Wedgling

Postby Dazman » 09 Jul 2019 19:33

Thanks supercass,
Ive cleaned all the connections and tested the switch, ive traced the cable under the speaker housing on top of the dash to the multi connector but i lose it after that,and i really dont want to take the dash out just to find it,
I will have a look on the bulkhead,
Cheers,
Daz

supercass
Swagester

Postby supercass » 10 Jul 2019 07:33

If irc there is also a two way connector under the front bumper, (can't remember the precise arrangement ) usually on the passenger side. If you were testing for continuity at the drivers side it may be that this connector is faulty / loose.
supercass