Anonymous

Racing Harness Fixing Points

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
Flyinginferno
Wedgling

Racing Harness Fixing Points

Postby Flyinginferno » 27 Jan 2018 09:01

Hi All,
I have owned a FHC for 33 years, 23 of which she has been off the road. I am now reconditioning her for entry in the TR Register / Revington Hillclimb & Sprint Competition which it seems is really gaining popularity. I’m in the process of fitting Sparco Sprint Bucket seats & TRS 4 point race harnesses. I’m 6ft 4” so the seat is fixed as far back as possible. The shoulder straps wrap around the roll bar cross member in perfect position but the lap strap fixing points, particularly the outer attachment is causing me some thought. So has anyone got any installation experience or advice please? Thanks

Beans
TRemendous

Re: Racing Harness Fixing Points

Postby Beans » 01 Feb 2018 19:09

I just drilled some holes in the floor in strategic (=strong) places and used threaded FIA plates underneath for the eyebolts. These are visible in the picture below.
And make sure the strengthening plates are touching the the floor section over the entire surface to spread the load as much as possible
Also the plane of the eye should be parallel to the car's axis (and not as in this picture perpendicular to it :wink:)

1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

busheytrader
TRemendous

Postby busheytrader » 03 Feb 2018 08:38

Seat covers keeping a link to wedge heritage there 8)

Flyinginferno
Wedgling

Postby Flyinginferno » 03 Feb 2018 23:49

Beans, I have to admit you cause me sleepless nights!! Your blog is so good and with excellent photography. I feel honoured that you have taken the trouble to reply to my enquiry. Sincere thanks.

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 04 Feb 2018 00:01

No problem :wink:
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/