Anonymous

Windscreen wipers

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
Triumphsteve
Wedgling

Windscreen wipers

Postby Triumphsteve » 10 Apr 2017 15:26

Hello,

My wipers won't turn off. I have installed a brand new stalk from a land rover because the old one looked particularly worn. There must be something broken but the Haynes manual is of little use. Any help would be greatly appreciated I'd love to get the old girl MoT'd
Thanks

Beans
TRemendous

Re: Windscreen wipers

Postby Beans » 14 Apr 2017 14:04

To start with check that the connector of the new switch is wired the same as the old one.
Also looking worn might not mean actually worn. Plug in the old switch and see what happens.
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 14 Apr 2017 19:21

While one suspects the switch/plugins etc. being different because that's what changed what can also cause the wiper blades to keep going is if the copper tab that moves the parking switch is broken (happened to me) or perhaps even if the switch is far enough out of position (located by the motor). You wouldn't have gone near this I would have thought but if all else fails something to keep in back of mind (one of those coincidences).
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

mmi16
Rust Hunter

Postby mmi16 » 28 May 2021 05:41

I have the opposite problem. My wipers don't work.

Last time I tried to us them - they made 1 pass of the windshield and then quit. I suspect they may have blown a fuse,

In checking the fuse box on my 79 USA TR-7 Convertible, none of the fuses are identified as being for the wipers.
You're never too old to have a happy childhood!

Milanoverde
Rust Hunter

Postby Milanoverde » 28 May 2021 11:34

I have had that failure. Not a TR but the cause was simple, bad motor.