Anonymous

Clip identification

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
tr7dan
Rust Hunter

Clip identification

Postby tr7dan » 19 Mar 2017 21:24

Can anyone tell me the part no for this clip or where it is located in the BL parts book as I can't find it ?

thanks

Dan

trsforever
Rust Hunter

Re: Clip identification

Postby trsforever » 19 Mar 2017 22:22

I only have a early parts book and 1977 cars had the twin pipe style air cleaner, the Rimmer's catalogue parts drawings seem to be a direct reproduction from the parts book they show UKC4636 as a "retaining strap" that is NLA on the web site.
I think the drawing is wrong and this is the part in question as I have never seen them with any sort of clamp on the hose to air cleaner my 81DHC has the "P" clip holding the pipe at the thermostat cover but nothing at either end and no sign of there ever having been any.
You should be able to find something similar from a auto factors or even make your own.

tr7dan
Rust Hunter

Postby tr7dan » 19 Mar 2017 23:45

Thanks for the reply

I think, but I'm not sure, that UKC4636 is the zip tie in this factory brochure pic and would only be used on cars with a RH coolant tank to secure the coolant tank rubber hose, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong as I'm just surmising ? (my car has LH coolant tank)

It's the large gold coloured metal clip that bolts to the top of the thermostat cover that I can't find listed

cheers

Dan

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 20 Mar 2017 14:22

I've not seen the P clip listed either. It might well be something you would have to get from a scrapped car or look fo something you find in a hardware store (repurposed) or find something similar from an auto wreckers or looking through parts catalogues like rockauto.com.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

HDRider
Swagester

Postby HDRider » 20 Mar 2017 17:18

UKC7123

But I don't think that you will find anyone supplying them new. It should be easy enough to bend one up out of flat stock.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA