Anonymous

Headlights !!!!!!

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
littlepippin
Rust Hunter

Re: Headlights !!!!!!

Postby littlepippin » 10 Dec 2015 11:32

If there is no free play when you hold the pod in your hands with it up (watch those fingers of course) then it must just be the appalling road surfaces, that can shake your teeth loose, that we have to put up with in this country.
If it is the light beams themselves that flutter, could the lenses be slightly loose in the pods ?

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 11 Dec 2015 06:13

The upstops might need to be adjusted. The motors are supposed to drive them into the up stops. If I remember right the down position is adjusted first, then the up stops are adjusted to touch at the high point plus however many to turns (see manual).
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

sonscar
Wedge Pilot

Postby sonscar » 11 Dec 2015 08:07

You may find that the rubber stops are damaged and not at all rubbery any more.Be careful and although it has been said many times disconnect the red connector or the battery when touching the headlamps.They will start on their own if you move them and they are powerful.Steve..

dursleyman
TRiffic

Postby dursleyman » 16 Dec 2015 14:54

Thanks Steve, I need to have the drivers side out as its sometimes a bit slow and sticky going up the first time, and I will check out the rubberyness of the up stops.
Russ

1981 TR7 Sprint DHC & 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC
Dursley
UK

http://tr7russ.blogspot.co.uk/

Image Image

dursleyman
TRiffic

Postby dursleyman » 29 Feb 2016 18:15

For what its worth I had the slow headlight out today and found its the motor which runs a bit slow. I have several spare assemblies so tried several motors. A couple felt quite rough and noisy when turning the manual knob but I found a good one and fitted that. I also investigated what made it "flutter" slightly on bumpy roads and it was play in that bronze bush on the turnbuckle link so that was also swapped for a better one.

Result is I now have two headlights which now come up together.
Russ

1981 TR7 Sprint DHC & 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC
Dursley
UK

http://tr7russ.blogspot.co.uk/

Image Image