Anonymous

Spark Plug Reading

Do you have a question? Ask it here! The reference library for all your DIY instruction guides, aka ‘surely there must be an easier way of doing this’.
Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 16 Jul 2010 07:28

Thanks Marko. I'm taking the car to pick the boy up, from Sydney,
[about 2400Km round trip] probably Tuesday.

From what he tells me about his recovery, he should be able to play
with it later next week.

The thing is OK, but this gives me the expectation we might just get
it right. Then we will have the laptop to tune it om a dyno.

Hasbeen

Marko
Wedgista

Postby Marko » 16 Jul 2010 09:05

too bad you cant adjust the spark for individual cell.

you can just move the whole distributor curve up and down,

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 31 Jul 2010 06:40

Marko, I have news of the Haltech tuning, & I'm afraid it's all bad.

We found a laptop on XP, & my son got all the haltech programs onto it. Like you advised, he could work through everything off line, & thought he had it.

However, when connected to the haltech, it first gives, "downloading information' but after a few seconds it reads, "reconnect Haltech". He spent the best part of a day trying to get into the damn thing, but still no success. He had to go back yesterday, for medical treatment, so no further advanced.

I have a computer "expert" coming on Tuesday morning to set up a network for my wife, so with any luck he may be able to get into it. I say luck, as I sometimes find experts know just a little more than me, & far from enough to be proclaimed as experts.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Hasbeen

Marko
Wedgista

Postby Marko » 31 Jul 2010 11:36

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hasbeen</i>

I say luck, as I sometimes find experts know just a little more than me, & far from enough to be proclaimed as experts.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

so true, kids these days know more about computer troubleshooting than experts.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 31 Jul 2010 22:39

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hasbeen</i>

I have a computer "expert" coming on Tuesday morning to set up a network for my wife, so with any luck he may be able to get into it. I say luck, as I sometimes find experts know just a little more than me, & far from enough to be proclaimed as experts.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I second that so true. As a computer serviceman I never claimed to be an expert but knew enough to get the job done or at least find the answer and understand it enough to get the job done. Fixed a lot of computers screwed up by "experts".

TR7 Spider - 1978 Spifire - 1976 Spitfire - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra

Beans
TRemendous

Postby Beans » 20 Jan 2011 20:35

[quote]<i>Originally posted by FI Spyder</i>

... someone that thinks carbs are a better way to go ... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
At least they are not that bad [:p]
Found this picture of a well used set of spark plugs from my Sprint ...

<center>Image
<font color="blue"><i>1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, now restored and back on the road)
1981 TR7 FHC Sprint (better known as 't Kreng)</font id="blue">
<b>[url="http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/"]<u><b><font size="2"><font color="red">My Weblog</font id="red"></font id="size2"></b></u>[/url]</b></i></center>