Anonymous

Î÷åðåäíûå ïåðåáîè â ðàáîòå ñàéòà

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
wedggie perrin
Wedge Pilot

Postby wedggie perrin » 11 Jun 2009 11:04

Don't forget spam fritters!
Spam stands for SPiced hAM if my memory is correct.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 11 Jun 2009 18:44

I believe Spam was invented during WWII for the GI's (ham in a can) so they could open a can have some protein, hot or cold.

TR7 Spider - 1978 Spifire - 1976 Spitfire - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra

wedggie perrin
Wedge Pilot

Postby wedggie perrin » 11 Jun 2009 19:29

Just looked this up on the web,

<b>Quote-</b>
Introduced on July 5, 1937, the name "Spam" was chosen when the product, whose original name was far less memorable (Hormel Spiced Ham), began to lose market share. The name was chosen from multiple entries in a naming contest. A Hormel official once stated that the original meaning of the name "Spam" was "Shoulder of Pork and Ham". According to writer Marguerite Patten in Spam – The Cookbook, the name was suggested by Kenneth Daigneau, an actor and the brother of a Hormel vice president, who was given a $100 prize for coming up with the name. At one time, the official explanation was that the name was a syllabic abbreviation of "Spiced Ham". Many jocular backronyms have been devised, such as "Something Posing As Meat", "Stuff, Pork and Ham" and "Spare Parts Animal Meat". <b>Quote</b>

Hmmm, 1937?
better check the sell by date on the can hiding in the back of the cupboard [:0]

silverseven
TRemendous

Postby silverseven » 12 Jun 2009 02:56

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bendder</i>

Ron,

I think spam is like those crapy hot dogs we had at the show a couple of years ago. You know, mystery meat!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

don't know 'bout the spam, but I tell you those "dawgs" were fine cuisine compared to the "fries with chesse" (masquerading as poutine) my daughter and I had the ungrateful experience of tasting at a show in Malone N.Y. a few years back ......

Ron.

ImageImageImage

PeterTR7V8
TRemendous

Postby PeterTR7V8 » 12 Jun 2009 03:12

Chicago hotdogs are the best. That's a meal in a bun.

Never say die. At least not while you're still breathing.