Anonymous

Ally Hickman RIP 1980-2007

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
srrutter
Wedgling

Ally Hickman RIP 1980-2007

Postby srrutter » 11 Sep 2007 22:38

I'm afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news...

Ally was rushed to hospital this morning. I was woken by her making a strange noise and when I checked she was having serious problems with her breathing and heart. The ambulance arrived fairly quickly and the paramedics did what they could before taking her in. Once there the doctors tried their hardest for several hours but ultimately they could not save her.

The exact cause is unknown at present and there is going to have to be a post mortem tomorrow. I'll update this thread with any information when I know more.

Rest in Peace Ally my love... I will get KBA back on the road for you!

Simon

Helping keep [url="http://www.waringstowntr7s.co.uk/blogs/index.php/Ally"]KBA[/url] on the road!

Rblackadar
TRiffic

Postby Rblackadar » 11 Sep 2007 22:43

OMG what happened?????

adurand
Rust Hunter

Postby adurand » 11 Sep 2007 23:59

Oh my, you have no idea the cold chill I just got when I read the title. ...I'm... speechless... What happened?? Please let us know asap..... horrible doesn't even begin to describe....

My greatest sympathy for you Simon, as I know how hard this must be for you. I will keep you and her family in my prayers.

silverseven
TRemendous

Postby silverseven » 12 Sep 2007 00:38

oh my .....this left me speechless!

All I can say is, that I'd like to wish all my sympathies to you Simon, and to your immediate families.

Rest in peace, Ally.

Ron.

ImageImageImage

jclay (RIP 2018)
TRemendous

Postby jclay (RIP 2018) » 12 Sep 2007 00:40

Simon,

I used to talk with Ally a lot when she had the chemist job. I know how much she loved you and how proud she was because of your accomplishments. She would speak of her parents also.

Simon, I am so sorry that Ally has been taken from you at such a young age. She loved you dearly and would not want you to grieve for her. Remember the wonderful times you had and the determination that she showed with your relationship, school, her family, her new job and KBA. We will all cherish her memory!

Byee, Ally! God's speed!

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 12 Sep 2007 02:54

Its just not fair. All us crotchety old blokes, hobbling around on
shot knees, with buggered backs, hearts, livers etc, are still
here. Meanwhile a fit healthy young thing is suddenly gone, its just
not fair, is it?

Simon, when you get that 7 going, take it out to a track day, with
her favourite teddy bear, doll, or what have you, in the passenger
seat, & give it a real thrashing. Let her spirit soar.

Hasbeen

stevie_a
TRemendous

Postby stevie_a » 12 Sep 2007 05:31

<font color="green"><b>My condolences

Very bad news </b> </font id="green">

Image Image Image

<font size="4"><font color="green"><i>If it's not broke don't fix it.</i></font id="green"></font id="size4">

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 12 Sep 2007 05:50

So sorry to hear it. You must be devastated. What a shock when that happens to someone so young. This forum will miss her very much indeed but compared to those who personally knew her, well they will have a huge hole in their lives.

Jolyon39
Wedgista

Postby Jolyon39 » 12 Sep 2007 07:04

Simon, It is times like this that we have no idea what to say, we definately do not want to be trite. We want to convey something good to those who have lost someone so special.

There are members here from all over the world, people that have never met face to face yet we all acculmulate an idea of the personalities behind the posts we read. I have enjoyed the Ally we have all met here.

When I say my condolences I truly mean that. As has already been said, it is not fair. I know that all here will miss her posts and humour.

Rejoice in the times you shared and in those quiet times later after the initial bedlam quietens, rejoice some more. I like many others will miss Ally

Best wishes

Jolyon Russell
New Zealand

EntonoX
Rust Hunter

Postby EntonoX » 12 Sep 2007 07:16

*Entonox is speachless....*

wow she just was 26! RIP Ally and all the best to all who are left behind. well Ally make sure you grab a TR7 in heaven and drive as much as you can! Now someone has to make KBA drive again!

note: there is small irony on the weblog page as the last weblog is from ally with the title "i`m still here" my god... maybe someone can change that?

TR7, ACG 2700L

ngtf
Wedge Pilot

Postby ngtf » 12 Sep 2007 07:20

My deepest sympathies to you Simon. Our family sends it's condolences to you and yours.

Gary & Lynn Shaw

Eeyore rides again !!
EOR14W - Persian Aqua 2L Dhc, Now rebuilt and looking lovely - Sprint engine being prepared!

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 12 Sep 2007 07:24

Although I never met Ally, like most of you I felt like I knew her well.
My condolences to Simon, her family and friends.
Chris, Sue, Alison and Robert Turner.

www.triumphtr.co.uk
SJW 539S TR7 sprint
1980 TR7 Premium.

mikehardwick
Wedge Pilot

Postby mikehardwick » 12 Sep 2007 08:14

My deepest sympathy to you, Simon - like so many here I never met Ally, but her sense of fun and love of life were so obvious from her words.......get KBA on the road, mate - best memorial she could wish for.

Mike

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 12 Sep 2007 08:52

All of her close friends are so very shocked to have lost her so suddenly. Not least as it was only this weekend that we had got together for another Lakes Tour to do what Ally loved best... blasting around in Triumphs.

We all feel robbed of a great mate and a fantastic young girl. Our thoughts are with her family and boyfriend Simon at this difficult time.

We have a great group of us young'uns in Triumphs, but we will forever be one short. She will be sadly missed.

Purple 2.0 Litre DHC Grinnal

Periwinkle
Rust Hunter

Postby Periwinkle » 12 Sep 2007 14:20

Simon,

My condolences on your loss. All my sympathies to you,your family and Ally's. She was a spark of joy here on the forum. I enjoyed her posts which gave me the courage to attempt some of my own repairs.

Sue Stewart
Rockland, Maine USA