Anonymous

TR7 blowout footage

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Cobber
TRemendous

TR7 blowout footage

Postby Cobber » 11 Aug 2023 15:09

A camera fitted to a Tesla captured the moment a tyre blew out on a TR7.
Read about it and watch the footage here:
https://apple.news/AIVOmLXCKReamoqQa12gyrg

Apparently no one was hurt, despite it being a wild ride…..no one here I hope.
"Keep calm, relax, take a deep breath, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

'80 Triumph TR7.
'97 Ford Falcon Longreach 'S' ute,
'98 MG-F.
'83 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign S3.

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Re: TR7 blowout footage

Postby Hasbeen » 12 Aug 2023 13:12

A number of my Triumph mates insist on using very old tyres, because they have plenty of tread on them. Just asking for a similar problem.

Hasbeen

Cobber
TRemendous

Re: TR7 blowout footage

Postby Cobber » 12 Aug 2023 14:30

I knew an idiot, who bought an old International AA120 4x4 pickup from me, he bought some wide wheels for it too, the wheels had seriously perished and cracked tyres still on them…….despite being told not to use those tyres, the stupid bastard put them on anyway and was quite surprised when one shat itself, fortunately it blew before he got past his front gate….it didn’t last 6 meters!
The same clown bought another old International AB110 panelvan from someone else, it had been grazing in a paddock for sometime, he asked me if I could get it running, armed with a battery a jerrycan of fuel, tools, oil, etc. and after evicting many spiders, and a bit of buggerising about, I managed to start it and even getting it to run at a pretty high idle.
Of course it had no brakes, and I thought he just wanted to move it to where he could load it onto a tilt tray tow truck, but no I was left in a total state of disbelief when the imbecile decided to drive it home!
No brakes, no brake lights either (not that anyone behind would need any warning of sudden braking) decidedly dodgy steering and no exhaust system left!
At least the hand brake worked a bit, not enough to stop it but just enough to hold it from rolling down a gentle grade.
Off our hero went, refusing to listen to my protestations, I followed at a suitable distance (I certainly wasn’t going to get in front of him!) coming up to a tee intersection the traffic lights changed to red and the car in front of him stopped…….with no where to go he swerved and mounted the kerb, and managed to squeeze between a tree and a power pole, continued along the footpath, ran the red light and up the road he went all whilst abusing the driver of the car that stopped at the red light!

There are many stories about this bloke, he is such a serial pest, that even the coppers give him a wide berth, for the fear of having to listen to him and having to spend the rest of their careers doing the paperwork that booking this lunatic would generate!

Just one more thing about this bloke, to prove to you that this bloke is really fit for the giggle factory.
He has a shitty old Bedford van that has a human leg bone for a gear stick!
I dunno where it came from and rest assured I seriously don’t want to know!

Lucky for me I haven’t seen or heard of him for some years now!
"Keep calm, relax, take a deep breath, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

'80 Triumph TR7.
'97 Ford Falcon Longreach 'S' ute,
'98 MG-F.
'83 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign S3.