Anonymous

ULEZ Zone London

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
busheytrader
TRemendous

ULEZ Zone London

Postby busheytrader » 27 Oct 2021 15:44

The enlarged Ultra Low Emission Zone arrived in London this week.

Basically if you drive inside the north or south circular roads (previously central London only) there’s a £12.50 daily fee for vehicles that don’t make the grade. https://classicsworld.co.uk/news/ulez-e ... MO,1UVY7,1

My May 1980 registered V8 wedge finally became an historic vehicle this year and became ULEZ exempt. I’m half tempted to drive through the Strand underpass and Rotherhithe tunnel after 10pm (no congestion charge) to hear the burble bouncing off the walls.

(I worked in central London for 13 years before the congestion charge was introduced - the air quality needed improving)

stevie_a
TRemendous

Re: ULEZ Zone London

Postby stevie_a » 27 Oct 2021 20:15

Glasgow is not a charge we are getting fined

"Set at national level by the Scottish Government for consistency, the initial penalty charge for all non-compliant vehicles entering a Low Emission Zone in Scotland will be £60 - reduced by 50% if it is paid within 14 days.

A surcharge is also proposed whereby the penalty amount doubles with each subsequent breach of the rules detected in the same LEZ.

The penalty charges are capped at £480 for cars and light goods vehicles, and £960 for buses and HGVs.

Where there are no further breaches of the rules detected within the 90 days following a previous violation, the surcharge rate is reset to the base tier of charge i.e. £60.

Legislation states that penalties will be used to support the air quality objectives of the Low Emission Zones"
If it's not broke don't fix it.

irco
Wedgling

Postby irco » 27 Oct 2021 23:21

Our Scottish charges/fines for non compliant vehicles in LEZ's definitely seem like a major disincentive to venture into these areas. I just hope they put the revenue to some worthwhile use.

I have a lot of sympathy for the enthusiastic owners of modern classics who probably spend a small fortune keeping their cars on the road.

Thankfully my 7V8 got registered as historic in September this year + our daily driver is an EV.
Not that I venture into the cities very much anyway. Prefer Scottish country roads & have bus pass for tedious journeys :lol:
Agree with the London comment, many years ago spent 9 weeks on a course in Greenwich & air quality was terrible. Stifling summer & had to keep room windows closed all the time. Was overlooking main road past Greenwich park which was virtually gridlocked with idling vehicles at the busy commuter times.
OAP Tinkerer :D

Cobber
TRemendous

Postby Cobber » 27 Oct 2021 23:43

Fortunately here in Oz we have no such nonsense. not the you'd be able to get me anywhere near the Melbourne CBD (centeral business district) at anything less than gun point.
"Keep calm, relax, take a deep breath, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

'80 Triumph TR7.
'97 Ford Falcon Longreach 'S' ute,
'98 MG-F.
'83 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign S3.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 28 Oct 2021 15:21

Leaf No LEZ in Canada yet. What we do have is rebates on new EVs below at set price, $55,000 Cdn. Fedeal rebate is $5,000 across Canada, Quebec has additional rebate of $8,000 for a total of $13,000 and British Columbia has a $3,000 rebate and an additional rebate of $6,000 trade in value for your ICE car even if it's a $100 junker but you have to have owned and insured it as a daily driver for previous year (and that rebate is reviewed yearly) for a total rebate of $14,000. A Nissan Leaf which was just lowered to $37,500 Cdn. could be bought new for $23,500 Cdn. although you would have pay the PST and GST taxes (12%) on the before rebate price. Ontario had a $14,000 rebate but they discontinued it when the current Conservative government got into power. In the province of BC, every 1 in 10 new vehicle purchased is an EV. The ratio would be higher in Vancouver, is higher on Vancouver Island and higher yet on the Gulf Islands. 100% will be EVs by 2040 in BC but that'
s kind of by the wayside since Canada has brought in 100% by 2035 in line with other countries. Vancouver was to bring in nightly charges for parking on the street overnight for ICE vehicles but that lost by one councilor vote. Since 2019 every apartment or condo had to have at least one charger per rental unit and 20% for commercial parking before a building permit would be issued and in 2021 Kelowna joined that rule. That's were we stand at the moment. In our city (Duncan) we have 14 free chargers and one high speed charger in a town of 5,000 of course every one charges at home as the Island is only 285 miles long with the large majority people living in the south half. That's were we stand currently. We have electric school buses, logging trucks, ferries recently being used.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

Howard_B
Rust Hunter

Postby Howard_B » 02 May 2022 20:32

My Tr7 V8 was re-registered as Historic last month, but Transport for London are still insisting that I have to pay the ULEZ charge. I have emailed them to query this and am waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Howard

Howard_B
Rust Hunter

Postby Howard_B » 03 May 2022 13:05

Transport for London have now asked for a copy of my V5c to confirm that it is historic - if they cannot check the DVLA data base they shouldn't be allowed to issue fines...

Mind you a few weeks ago I had a letter & photo telling me I hadn't paid the Dartford Crossing toll with a nice clear photo of my car with the number plate clearly shown and transcribed correctly onto the penalty charge. Fortunately I had paid on line and had the email recording the registration number I gave them, so no argument.

No apology, just a note many weeks later saying that they would be taking no further action at this time...

Cheers

Howard

busheytrader
TRemendous

Postby busheytrader » 03 May 2022 13:44

Many months ago, I tried to register my wedge against my tfl Account.

I had a pop up message stating that my vehicle was classified as historic and didn’t need to be registered against any account.

I’ll try again and see if I can replicate this. I haven’t driven my V8 through the Strand underpass in ages!

Howard_B
Rust Hunter

Postby Howard_B » 03 May 2022 17:17

I am totally flabbergasted - you could knock me down with a cold kipper! Emailed my V5 copy to TfL today and already have an emailed letter back confirming that my car is exempt from the ULEZ fees. To quote the letter "All vehicles registered before 1 January 1973 and vehicles with a tax class of 'Historic vehicle' are exempt from the
Ultra Low Emission Zone. They do not need to be registered with us."

busheytrader
TRemendous

Postby busheytrader » 03 May 2022 20:34

:D

busheytrader
TRemendous

Postby busheytrader » 05 May 2022 21:12

I went through the tfl website to register my wedge for ULEZ exemption (historic) and it states I don’t have to…