Anonymous

TR7 - Rimmers carpet opinion

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Chubster
Rust Hunter

TR7 - Rimmers carpet opinion

Postby Chubster » 01 Sep 2019 17:52

Has anyone ordered a Rimmers carpet set and can provide an opinion on the feelings around the fit and quality of the carpet. I am debating the do myself or order the pre cut one? Thanks, Simon :D

supercass
Swagester

Re: TR7 - Rimmers carpet opinion

Postby supercass » 03 Sep 2019 19:25

Disappointing and over priced in my opinion. Bears no resemblance to the original.
supercass

saabfast
TRiffic

Postby saabfast » 03 Sep 2019 22:50

I was considering new carpets a few years ago (but still not done it!!) and got samples from a few suppliers, but not Rimmers as had heard they were not so good. IIRC I had decided on Coverdale, although not from their expensive ranges.

https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/triumph-tr ... 5256-p.asp

As far as I know it is not possible to get moulded carpets anymore although there was an Australian company advertising as such a while back. I think it was subsequently found that they may not be and the post cost was prohibitive. I guess I will have to start again when I actually get around to it. Most suppliers will send samples if you ask.
Alan
Saab 9-5 2.3t Vector Auto Estate Stage 1
Saab 9-3 2.0 SE Turbo Convertible
'81 TR7 DHC

supercass
Swagester

Postby supercass » 04 Sep 2019 11:40

I believe they were moulded after a fashion but they were in two parts, front and rear and quality was average. It is possible to simply carpet the car yourself using off the roll carpet. supercass