Anonymous

Finding my dad's old TR7

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Price_1991
Wedgling

Finding my dad's old TR7

Postby Price_1991 » 03 May 2018 23:55

Hi all,

I put a post on a forum on Facebook which has led me to this site.

I have been trying to track down my dad old TR7 for ages but have never had any luck. My dad sadly passed away back in 2012 however he always used to tell me of the memories he used to have with this car. From what he told me it was green and the coupe version (my mum wanted him to get a blue convertible one but he wasnt having any it and went with the coupe version) the only other details I have about the car is the reg number which is ULM 111R and that he brought and owned it back in september 1987 and had it for just over a year. 

I was wondering if you had anyone knows the where abouts or owner of the car as I'd love to get in contact with them about it. my mum has said she too has many memories of it, one being the first long trip they did in it was driving from London to Nottingham and being on the M1 when the throttle cable jammed open my dad then had to try and get the car to stop on the hard shoulder pop the bonnet and in her words "wiggle something around" and then carry on with the drive there and back again with no problems. 

I would love to get in contact with the current owner of the car. 

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Re: Finding my dad's old TR7

Postby rugbyref1 » 04 May 2018 06:25

Morning Nick

As mentioned on FaceBook, I have emailed the last owner for you - he is a member on here but hasn't been online since 2014
Christopher

A respectable collection.

Price_1991
Wedgling

Postby Price_1991 » 04 May 2018 06:58

Morning Christopher

I know and thank you so much for doing that. I thought I'd post on here just to try and do a bit of digging myself as well. I really hope you get a reply from them and can put me in contact.

Thanks
Nathan

johnnyj
Rust Hunter

Postby johnnyj » 24 May 2018 20:55

Price_1991 wrote:Morning Christopher

I know and thank you so much for doing that. I thought I'd post on here just to try and do a bit of digging myself as well. I really hope you get a reply from them and can put me in contact.

Thanks
Nathan

Hi Nathan. I am sure you have done the same research, but if not the good news is that the car is on SORN and the last MOT expired in June 2017. The MOT history doesn't show any failures or advisories for body corrosion, which would suggest it didn't rot away. All good signs. It isn't currently insured. I would reckon it is in a lock-up somewhere. So, we need to find it.

I'll scratch my head and have a think.

Cheers

John
Triumph TR7 FHC, 1977
http://t-r-7.blogspot.co.uk

johnnyj
Rust Hunter

Postby johnnyj » 25 May 2018 19:55

johnnyj wrote:
Price_1991 wrote:Morning Christopher

Thanks
Nathan

Hi Nathan. I am sure you have done the same research, but if not the good news is that the car is on SORN and the last MOT expired in June 2017. The MOT history doesn't show any failures or advisories for body corrosion, which would suggest it didn't rot away. All good signs. It isn't currently insured. I would reckon it is in a lock-up somewhere. So, we need to find it.

I'll scratch my head and have a think.

Cheers

John

Nathan, I just sent you a private message which might help. Click on Private Messages, in the black bar about a third of the way down the page, just under the photo banner at the top.

Cheers

John
Triumph TR7 FHC, 1977
http://t-r-7.blogspot.co.uk

paulheritage
Wedge Pilot

Postby paulheritage » 04 Jun 2018 21:12

I remember speaking to the owner at the 2013 TRDC but can't remember anything about him. Here's a pic I took.
Attachments
TR7 ULM 111R.JPG
TR7 ULM 111R.JPG (78.37 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
Cheers Paul,

1976 TR7 2.0 FHC, ACG 2367 - Carmine Red (on the road)
1980 TR7V8 3.9 DHC, Orient Blue (on the road)
1962 TR4 2.2, CT17054 - White (on the road)

1977 TR7V8 4.0 FHC rally car, ACG 35005 - Tahiti Blue (now sold)

http://www.TR7.co.uk

Price_1991
Wedgling

Postby Price_1991 » 26 Sep 2018 10:50

Thanks for your replies guys. I had completely forgotten I had posted on here as I didn't receive any emails when replies where made.

Anyway thanks for your help so far and for the picture Paul. Its the first time I have ever actually seen the car which is lovely seeing as its 6 years this weekend since I lost my dad. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this more often now and will be doing as much digging as I can.

Thanks again
Nathan

Price_1991
Wedgling

Postby Price_1991 » 30 Oct 2018 12:35

Seem to have come to a dead end again :( if anyone can help in anyway then please do get in touch with me. I understand if the current owner of the car is sceptical but this is a genuine inquiry in wanting to find my dads old car which he loved. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nathan