Anonymous

Sun Visor Label Part Number

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
XSeries
Rust Hunter

Sun Visor Label Part Number

Postby XSeries » 18 Apr 2018 07:56

Currently trying to get to grips with some of the many labels and stickers that were put on our cars. I have had a couple remade recently (TR8 efi 1980 label and TR7/8 a/c to reflect R134a rather than the illegal R12 ), but my latest conundrum is trying to work out the part number (if there is in fact any?) for the hood stowage instructions!

Most places seem to quote this as part UKC7857 - but that was in fact a label in the early fixed head cars (1977on) put on the sun visor that warned about "Precautions for Catalytic Converters!" Most reproduction parts books are so poorly imaged that it just appears as a black rectangle and it is thus assumed to be the hood stowage instructions! UKC7857 is simply listed as a sun visor label - not hood stowage (for convertibles) or catalytic converters (ACW7001 on). There is an image of the Hood Stowage Label in the glove box manual (called soft top in the manual as it might confuse someone trying to stow the hood!), but I can't find one elsewhere!

The atached image is from a 1979 TR7 parts book that was for fixed heads in the main but did include some pages for the newly launched US convertibles - eg ONLY black trim for the 6 pieces of carpet around the parcel shelf and the back bulkhead panel (latter also in biege but not blue or tan). However there are NO sun visors listed for the convertible in the parts book at all! They did offer the extra side carpet pieces in chestnut, emerald and red - but the main carpet was the multi piece as used in the fixed heads!

Whilst looking at the attached image does anyone from Australia (or anywhere else?) know the difference between XKC2704NAC and XKC3160NAC - both for right hand drive cars???
Attachments
UKC7857.jpg
UKC7857.jpg (248.24 KiB) Viewed 1956 times

XSeries
Rust Hunter

Re: Sun Visor Label Part Number

Postby XSeries » 03 May 2018 11:27

It appears that there is no part number for this item - but I have found two different original labels! One for the early US dropheads (black interior plastic trim and black visors) and then one for the later models with grey plastic interior trim and blue or tan sun visors. I am reproducing the former - as well as early headlight warning labels (ie pre the red 3 way switch), use "Unipart or BL items" (there are 3 different variations of this for early, middle and late cars) plus catalyst labels for the various amongst others. When they are done I will post images and more details.....