Anonymous

Thanks and goodbye

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Monkeyzak
Rust Hunter

Thanks and goodbye

Postby Monkeyzak » 11 Oct 2017 17:54

I sold my TR7 today. Feel genuinely sad but the new owner plans to finish off the restoration.

Thanks for all the help and advice. I can genuinely say I would never have got my 7 running as quickly and as well as I did.

Off to find a 4 seater classic

stevie_a
TRemendous

Re: Thanks and goodbye

Postby stevie_a » 11 Oct 2017 19:09

Sad to see you go,but good luck in the new 4 seat venture :wink:
If it's not broke don't fix it.

Monkeyzak
Rust Hunter

Postby Monkeyzak » 11 Oct 2017 21:09

When I get something I'll come to that breakfast thing. I'll ogle the local tr7s!!

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 12 Oct 2017 02:29

If you get a Stag, you'll already know a lot about the stuff that doesn't work, & you'll recognise the rocker covers.

Hasbeen

Monkeyzak
Rust Hunter

Postby Monkeyzak » 12 Oct 2017 13:32

It's looking like a dolly sprint from a mate. Totally minted

littlepippin
Rust Hunter

Postby littlepippin » 13 Oct 2017 07:21

I nearly killled myself in a sprint on the way back to Brize Norton from Oxford, lost the back end on a damp bend coming out of overdrive, and hit a tree - no seat belt on in those days so straight through the screen using my forehead and on to the bonnet. Cost me 40 stitches. Don't lower the front suspension too much....

I love those cars and would have one tomorrow (actually looking around at the mo') my favourite car.

All the best Monekyzak and enjoy your Triumph motoring !!!!!

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 13 Oct 2017 11:26

That sounds like a pretty good choice, if you have to go 4 seats.

A mate recently completed a very detailed restoration on a sprint, & has taken me to a couple of club meetings in it a couple of times & it is a really great car.

Hasabeen

Dave Dyer
Swagester

Postby Dave Dyer » 13 Oct 2017 17:36

I too also had a Dolly Sprint, it was back in the 80's. I had to sell my first ever TR7 as my wife back then was expecting so needed the seats.
I covered all the wood in black vinyl and fitted a TR7 steering wheel, it looked quite good, but I seemed to bump into people in car parks who told me I had spoilt a good car! They were so cheap back then. But I couldn't be without a TR7, so sold it, bought another 7 and a Fiat 126 for family outings.
I did buy another sprint in the 90's and put that back on the road, but my girlfriend back then drove it back from the shops with the oil light on! So it became a spares car! But I always thought it was a lovely car.

Dave

UKPhilTR7
TRiffic

Postby UKPhilTR7 » 28 Oct 2017 00:29

Monkeyzak I have followed (and helped where I can) your posts in the past. Where you have been trying to get your tr running. After reading this post I feel both disappointed and happy. Disappointed that you have sold her as you seemed to really enjoying her and fixing the issues yourself. Hopefully it was not all in the end goal of selling her though. Happy that she will continue to live and have the love and attention our cars often need. Good luck with the new project, even though I do not personally understand selling up. I had the prospect of that when I left the UK so I decided to ship my car over to Sydney with me. We are looking at moving back soon and she will be shipped back. Never ever did the the thought of selling up came into my mind, but I guess that is just me. I enjoy the few moments of greatness that I have with her too much to ever say bye.

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 28 Oct 2017 01:45

Dave Dyer wrote:I too also had a Dolly Sprint, it was back in the 80's. I had to sell my first ever TR7 as my wife back then was expecting so needed the seats.
I covered all the wood in black vinyl and fitted a TR7 steering wheel, it looked quite good, but I seemed to bump into people in car parks who told me I had spoilt a good car! They were so cheap back then. But I couldn't be without a TR7, so sold it, bought another 7 and a Fiat 126 for family outings.
I did buy another sprint in the 90's and put that back on the road, but my girlfriend back then drove it back from the shops with the oil light on! So it became a spares car! But I always thought it was a lovely car.

Dave

You seem to have a better eye for cars than ladies Dave. I hope your selection process, for ladies that is, has improved with experience, for your sake..

Hasbeen

Dave Dyer
Swagester

Postby Dave Dyer » 03 Nov 2017 14:13

[/quote]

You seem to have a better eye for cars than ladies Dave. I hope your selection process, for ladies that is, has improved with experience, for your sake..

Hasbeen[/quote]

That made me laugh Hasbeen and if my old college mates could see this they would laugh as well, because even back then before the cars, I was making the wrong choices!
But things did improve, I've been with my wife now 18years and luckily still make the right choice of car as the TR7 is in me through and through.

Dave