Anonymous

An odd headlight issue

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Monkeyzak
Rust Hunter

Re: An odd headlight issue

Postby Monkeyzak » 13 Sep 2017 22:18

Mine does go full cycle. It's getting it to stop doing the full cycle that's the issue.

REX
Wedgling

Postby REX » 14 Sep 2017 11:11

May I suggest that you go to http://www.tr8archive.co.uk and click on Tinsey's Tips. This will bring you to an article, firstly describing the headlights and then discussing fault finding. Hope this will help. Rex Holford

sonscar
Wedge Pilot

Postby sonscar » 14 Sep 2017 11:22

One of the diodes in one of the lights could be short circuit backfeedingbthe run relay when the lights raise slightly out of synch.There are as noted several explanations of the system operation out there and careful testing will deliver results more or less easily and/or quickly.Good faulting.Steve.

Monkeyzak
Rust Hunter

Postby Monkeyzak » 14 Sep 2017 20:33

Thanks. I'll have a look at that.

One thing to start... I indicated right tonight and accidentally flashed my lights. I caught it when they were only about 25% up. The left light popped up 20 times about 25% up. I used my lights tonight and they were fine

Can I remove the indicators stalk and check if the full beam/ headlight flash is somehow connecting when it shouldn't? That's where the problems started. I will start there.

dursleyman
TRiffic

Postby dursleyman » 15 Sep 2017 17:59

Monkeyzak wrote:Someone has put copper grease on the relays. I'm presuming this is terrible due to conduction issues. Or would it not matter?

You need to clean all the connections/terminals and use a dielectric grease which will protect them in the future.
Russ

1981 TR7 Sprint DHC & 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC
Dursley
UK

http://tr7russ.blogspot.co.uk/

Image Image