Anonymous

NOS (New old stock) parts.

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
supercass
Swagester

NOS (New old stock) parts.

Postby supercass » 07 Aug 2017 02:04

More often I find I am buying NOS parts that whilst new are I suspect factory seconds. Anyone else come across this problem? supercass

busheytrader
TRemendous

Re: NOS (New old stock) parts.

Postby busheytrader » 07 Aug 2017 20:39

What parts are causing your concern?

In the last 25 years of keeping mine on the road. I've mainly bought "motor factor" type parts such as brake pads and shoes, air, oil and fuel filters, lubes, shox, bushes, clutch and brake cylinders.

Apart from the famously appalling gearbox rubber mounts and balljoint rubber covers supplied in made in India bags, most of them have been fine but I doubt if any of them have been NOS parts.

However, I've bought a number of Heritage classic mini panels in the last few years and some of the fit has been dreadful. (I might as well have bought pattern parts). Apparently they're pressed on the original tooling which is well worn by now.

UKPhilTR7
TRiffic

Re: NOS (New old stock) parts.

Postby UKPhilTR7 » 08 Aug 2017 22:22

Yes I too would ask what parts you have had in the past that bring you to that though. I have never had any from any of the usual suppliers that have made me think that they could be seconds. Don't forget if they are nos then I would question the build quality of them to start with, if the quality of the car being produced at the time is anything to go by :D