Anonymous

LT77 Rebuild. Suffix C????

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
fastseven
Wedgling

LT77 Rebuild. Suffix C????

Postby fastseven » 05 Jul 2017 21:22

Hello to everyone!!! I have been laying low the past few years due to some life changing events :shock: :D . She is turning 5 in a month :D and I have a little more time on my hands .

It is time to tackle a rebuild on one of the LT77s. I have been reading the many posts on the forum. Looks straight forward. A lot of useful information with great pictures. Unfortunately with photobucket taking down pictures from the likes Shauuniedawn and beans blog I lost a valuable resource. I hope they can be restored somehow.

I am unclear about when the larger front bearing came into play. The 3 boxes that I have are all C suffix. CN-083454C (TR8), CL-064983C, and CL-076292C. I am going to start with one of the CL boxes. When I look at at the rimmers catalogue parts vary depending on the box number. Some sources that sell rebuild kits (bearing,gaskets,seals) list one kit for suffix C. Can anyone tell me what I have? Small bearing box or large bearing boxes?

The TR8 box has 91382 stamped in larger numbers over top of the CN number. Warranty Repair???
1980 TR7 DHC Sprint
1980 TR8 DHC

Beans
TRemendous

Re: LT77 Rebuild. Suffix C????

Postby Beans » 06 Jul 2017 06:51

fastseven wrote: ... Unfortunately with photobucket taking down pictures from the likes Shauuniedawn and beans blog I lost a valuable resource. I hope they can be restored somehow ...

The transition of my weblog (link in signature) to another photo hosting site is in progress. But that will take at least a few months to complete.
The pictures that were posted on various threads sadly won't come back. Thank Photobucket for that :evil:
1976 TR7 FHC (currently being restored ...)
1980 TR7 DHC (my first car, a.k.a. Kermette)
1981 TR7 FHC (Sprint engined a.k.a. 't Kreng)

http://www.tr7beans.blogspot.com/