Anonymous

Italian tune up.

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Hasbeen
TRemendous

Italian tune up.

Postby Hasbeen » 25 May 2017 06:30

With our big Sports Car Show & Shine coming up this weekend, I took the 7 out for another run last week. Put her through her paces, with plenty of full throttle acceleration from low revs to about 5000RPM.

At the end of it, she was running pretty well. Still a faint hesitancy after a long off throttle or just holding speed down hill run, when asked for very gentle acceleration, but you had to be looking for it. Obviously just a little flooding when not much much fuel.

With not much usage the fuel has been in the tank for a while too. I had to go 25 kilometres & back to get some swimming pool bits, so took the 7. Topped her up, [25 litres] with some 98 octane, then took her for a thrash out in the sticks, on the way.

She is starting to run out of breath at about 155 Km/H, just under the magic ton. She had stopped accelerating hard, but would have kept winding out if asked.

I must say she really did like this cobweb blowing out type run. She still needs a "proper" tune, but is so much happier for a bit of hard work. If ever I can stop doing house & property repairs, I'll give her some of the attention she used to get, but for now, she is much better.

She is also starting better, after I replaced the 5 year old battery. It has only done 8000 kilometres in those 5 years, the worst way to use a battery, or a car for that matter.

Hasbeen