Anonymous

These were easy to fit!!!

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
seven
Swagester

These were easy to fit!!!

Postby seven » 10 Jul 2015 16:14

Well was until I started to fit this one, the last :roll:
No matter what I tried it would not fit into the hole provided by BL's TR7 trailing arm :shock:
On about the 50th attempted and now damaged with the centre tube separated from the rubber I thought this can not be :evil: I then decided to measure the hole thinking that the holes in the trailing arms are different sizes, but didn't wont to removed the ones already fitted and measure the one empty hole left and then measured the what was left of the stupid bush and it was nearly 5mm fatter :shock: Now I know why the bag was open when I received it :twisted:
I ended up cutting the lip away from one end of the bush and filed it down and continued to press it in, it finally forced its way in the hole, followed by the metal tube with the help of a big heavy hammer :mrgreen: Too late to send it back for a replacement :( I am guessing that it was an odd size that was somehow swapped) :x
I wonder if that will be picked up on the inspection???
Any one else had this problem or was it just me and the bushes are all over sized anyway? Seems strange that the other 3 pressed in without any bother.
Triumph TR7 DHC '81
Triumph 2.5 Estate '73
Triumph 2.5PI Saloon '69
Mercedes SLK250 '14
Mercedes SL55 AMG '02
Mercedes E320 '05
Chevrolet Camaro '93
Mitsubishi Canter '01
Volvo 262c '78
Peugeot J5 '91
Kawasaki GPZ '93

The car is unable to handle my driving capabilities