Anonymous

Fixed my pop ups !!

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
toneinblack
Rust Hunter

Fixed my pop ups !!

Postby toneinblack » 15 May 2015 14:05

After the success of my rear fog lights, I decided to try and sort out if I needed a new indicator arm or the pektron unit, so after thinking it may be the contacts in the arm I took the two screws out of the cowling around the steering wheel and took it off, then I could see the white piece of plastic that ive read may be missing but mine was still there, as soon as you look you can see where the wires connect and also 2 small metal connections, when you push the arm forward it makes the lamps flash so I pulled it towards me but the lamps didn't pop up but looked like it made the connection, so I took a small screwdriver to scrape the crap off the contacts and as soon as it shorted between the two terminals the lights raised, tried it a couple of times and each time it worked, so took a thin piece of sandpaper and cleaned the contacts like you would with a set of points, tried it a few more times and now it works fine . so if your lights pop up with the headlamp switch but not the arm then check these contacts first.