Anonymous

Use it before you lose it.

The all purpose forum for any TR7/8 related topics.
Hasbeen
TRemendous

Use it before you lose it.

Postby Hasbeen » 30 Dec 2022 07:14

Having agreed with my son that it is no use being the only bloke in the cemetery with a couple of pristine cars in my will, I have started using the 7 & Honda S2000 for more mundane activities, & will put the 8 to the same when it is again road registered. Thus I have been using them for trips to the supermarket recently.

The S2000 is highly valued, & quite rare in Oz, but does not attract much attention, I guess it looks like another Mazda MX5 to most folk. The 7 on the other hand always attracts people, many saying it is a long time since they saw one looking so good, or saw one at all.

The Hondas electric hood does attract some interest, especially from kids, but no where as much as the headlights of the 7 do. Raising them up & down appears to be a thing of wonder to kids, even the older ones. At 82 years old, I don't have that much longer to enjoy my cars, & the wonder displayed by kids at pop up headlights is increasing my pleasure in the 7.

Hasbeen

stevie_a
TRemendous

Re: Use it before you lose it.

Postby stevie_a » 30 Dec 2022 10:08

I get the same reaction here in Scotland UK,

Only downside is the weather here is only good for a couple of months a year, unless we get more global warming that is, Last year out normal one day of hot summer turned into 4 months of lovely weather (un heard of in Scotland).

As I said in another post, this year I intend to drive the car far more, and contribute to this forum more as I have given up FB.
So lets get these cars seen about the world and out of the garages.
If it's not broke don't fix it.

CamGTS
Scuttle Shaker

Postby CamGTS » 30 Dec 2022 16:57

you're just on the wetter side of Scotland, come on over to the sunnier side :)
Cam

1948 Ferguson TEA20
1978 Chrysler Sunbeam 1300 LS
1979 Talbot Sunbeam Lotus
1981 Triumph TR8 (TR7V8)
1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9
2004 Renault Sport Clio 182
2011 Porsche 911 GTS
2016 Porsche Macan GTS

stevie_a
TRemendous

Postby stevie_a » 30 Dec 2022 21:06

CamGTS wrote:you're just on the wetter side of Scotland, come on over to the sunnier side :)

I take it that would be the Sunnyside, I was there last week... :D

( For those not in the know Sunnyside is part of Edinburgh, East coast of Scotland and im in the west}
If it's not broke don't fix it.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 31 Dec 2022 16:32

With COVID in 2020 and the shutting down of car shows, my TR7 didn't get much use. 2022 opened up a bit but a neighbor had just moved in two houses down and has been renoing her house, hadn't been touched since it was built in 1980. She wants to learn how to do everything herself despite never having done anything herself previously (she was an entrepreneur, so have been showing her, helping her over the summer). As she was born and raised in England, she had a connection to the TR7 and drove it once to Walmart for me to pick up a few things. She wanted to stay and sat in it in the parking lot as people walked up to her to ask her about the car. She has a connection to old cars, she used to go scrounging auto wreckers for parts with her Dad when she was a girl and has a 1985 camper Vanagon (water cooled) that she uses to go camping with her young kids in the summer (before they get "too cool" to go camping with Mom). She figures she's got another three years. Hopefully the TR7 will get used more this summer, she said she wants to drive it more, will depend on her "projects" she has planned.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT