Anonymous

A Very Big Thank You

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
andyf
Swagester

Postby andyf » 08 Jul 2008 05:46

A great Sunday out despite the weather. As others have said, it was nice to put some faces to names. Enjoyed the trip up with Jeff and Tony, and a big thanks to Jeff because without him, Tony and me would never have found the place!

The trip back was eventful, with my decision to unzip the rear window proving not to be the best I have ever made when we encountered a torrential downpour on the M5. It was unsafe (as well as illegal) to stop on the hard shoulder so I just carried on and got wet. We lost Tony in this storm, he was just ahead of us but had disappeared by the time the storm cleared. Thanks all for a great day.

1980 persian aqua DHC

trv8
Wedgista

Postby trv8 » 08 Jul 2008 05:49

Yes Chris, Neil then sold it to Carlos Flowerday who was using it for drag racing at York dragway. The car leads a less frantic life now, usually heard rumbling around the Brecon Beacons at weekends[}:)].

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 08 Jul 2008 06:48

a couple more shots
the red arrows taken sat, afternoon:

and one of the S&S beast:

It rides again

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 08 Jul 2008 07:11

and as the weekend drew to an end this was
"THE SHAPE OF THINGS THAT HAVE GONE"

It rides again

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 08 Jul 2008 07:52

Ha Ha, very good!

<ul><b><li>Ex BL Development TR8 (Rally Replica).</li>
<li>The First and Only UK TR7 "Victory Edition" (Now Sold) </li>
<li>Ex-BL/Safety Devices Development 8v Rally Car.</li>
<li>"The Shape of things to Come" Trailer.</b></li></ul> Image

<b><font color="blue">http://www.croyde-bay.com/triumph.htm</font id="blue"></b>

<b><font color="blue">croydebay@aol.com</b></font id="blue">

TR Tony
TRemendous

Postby TR Tony » 08 Jul 2008 10:29

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyf</i>

A great Sunday out despite the weather. As others have said, it was nice to put some faces to names. Enjoyed the trip up with Jeff and Tony, and a big thanks to Jeff because without him, Tony and me would never have found the place!

The trip back was eventful, with my decision to unzip the rear window proving not to be the best I have ever made when we encountered a torrential downpour on the M5. It was unsafe (as well as illegal) to stop on the hard shoulder so I just carried on and got wet. We lost Tony in this storm, he was just ahead of us but had disappeared by the time the storm cleared. Thanks all for a great day.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

A grand day out indeed! I bet you were glad you decided not to take the top down conpletely before we left Billing, Andy! That was some downpour on the M5 - I got in the outside lane as there was less spray & just kept going. Glad you got back safely.

I don't think my DHC has ever been so wet - but the hood didn't leak[:)] I have had the garage door open for 2 days to try & dry everything out.

Great to meet some old friends again, & make some new aquaintances. Thanks to everyone from the club involved in the organising, & to all those who braved the weather to be there.

Tony
<font size="1">1981 2L FHC Cavalry Blue
1980 3.5L V8 DHC Jaguar Regency Red</font id="size1">

TR7Daniel
Rust Hunter

Postby TR7Daniel » 08 Jul 2008 16:19

heres some of our pics.

1982 TR7 FHC gold restoration project
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/ ... ile283.jpg

TR7Daniel
Rust Hunter

Postby TR7Daniel » 08 Jul 2008 16:24

TR7Daniel
Rust Hunter

Postby TR7Daniel » 08 Jul 2008 16:28

one more.

Steve @ SandS
Wedge Pilot

Postby Steve @ SandS » 08 Jul 2008 19:09

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stevie_a</i>

although I though it was a shame that S+S did not set up ...[?]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Now't sinister Steve[:D] it was just peeing down when we arrived and by the time it had cleared up we were engrossed in chatting.

We never set up as you might expect at Billing, we see it as a more informal event and TBH we come down to support the club and the efforts of Kevin Morton, Phil Humphries(even if he is a ManU fan[:D])and Chris Turner.

On a side note I realised on the way down on Sunday that it is the 20th year we have done the national[:0]longer than any other trader[;)][:D]
Simon even went to the first national at Castle Ashby, if you look closely on John's extra's DVD you can see the Red DHC he had at the time[:D]

Steve @ S&S Preparations

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 09 Jul 2008 09:02

I was there all day Steve and still didnt manage to catch up with you. Had a look round the glovebox and behind the seats but couldnt find enough spare coins to take the yellow demo car off your hands [;)]

My thanks go out to all the organisers of the weekend as well, great event and am already looking forward to next year.

Im off to classic Le Mans tommorrow and then Malvern next weekend so maybe see some of you there as well. [:D]

Purple 2.0 Litre DHC Grinnal

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 09 Jul 2008 12:37

I think that Steve and Simon from S+S treat the Sunday as a day to enjoy rather than a work day. I know they are willing to bring parts down for members to save on postage but I think its not really worth setting up a stand. I am pleased they turn up each year and continue to support our club by bringing us some very interesting vehicles to look at.
I was very pleased that Robsport sold the car they had for sale, they have also supported our club for a long time.
So a big thanks to all three Traders who came along, maybe one day we can have a big enough turn out to make their visit profitable as well as enjoyable.

www.triumphtr.co.uk
TR8 FHC
TR7 Sprint

TR Tony
TRemendous

Postby TR Tony » 09 Jul 2008 15:22

Well said, Chris. With the exception of selling a car[:)],I doubt very much that the show generates enough business to make it profitable for 3 traders to attend.

Of course we support them during the year with our business, & there is something to be said for them just being there to support the club, as Steve mentions, but we should not take their attendance for granted.

So, many thanks to S&S, Robsport & Rimmers for being there, each bringing an interesting car for us to gawp at, & for all their help & advice during the year.

Tony
<font size="1">1981 2L FHC Cavalry Blue
1980 3.5L V8 DHC Jaguar Regency Red</font id="size1">

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 09 Jul 2008 18:27

Judging by the weather down here it is looking quite possible Malvern will be rained off again this year. The jet stream has moved south again so unless there's a miracle it's another week of rain next week.

Does anyone live in the Gloucester area who can keep us updated with how the floods are going.

I'm desperate for it to clear up as I should be going to the SOC national just up the road on the same weekend.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 09 Jul 2008 22:13

you get about a bit don't you john

It rides again