Anonymous

Poole Quay events

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
john
TRiffic

Poole Quay events

Postby john » 04 Apr 2008 14:34

whipped this off another site

Hi there,

I thought some people on this forum may be interested in information on this summer�s Rockley Park "Quay for my Car" event nights on Poole Quay, Dorset.

The event welcomes a different marquee of car every Friday night, May - August from 6pm - 9pm.

The 2008 line up welcomes Open Top Sport Cars onto Poole Quayside every 1st Friday of the month and on the 3rd Friday of the month it's the turn of Classic British Cars (all British models that have been registered pre August 1983 welcome).

The event is completely free and we don't take advanced bookings so it's first come, first parked!

The Open Top Sport Car nights are on 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July & 1st August.
The Best of British Classic Car nights (pre Aug 1983) are on 16th May, 20th June, 18th July & 15th August.

Poole Quay is a great place to spend a summer evening, with a selection of cafes, bars and restaurants right on the waters edge. It's a great chance for owners to show off their vehicle and enjoy a relaxed evening. Each week a different judge will select the "Car of the Week" with a weekly prize for the top car.

For more information on the event and what other cars are featured this season you can visit the following link:
http://www.pooletourism.com/services.as ... D6209CB34B

Or send your email/mobile number to s.gaskell@pooletourism.com. for regular car event updates (please state which car event you are interested in).

[8 whole cylinders worth of punch to ram the world through the windshield and out the rear view mirror. Car & Driver]
1981 Grinnall TR7 v8
1981 Black FHC
1979 & 1980 Black Premium FHC(laid to rest) Sorry :-(

John

tr8coupe
Swagester

Postby tr8coupe » 04 Apr 2008 19:40

[:D]Poole is one of the best places in UK and my dream is to buy a place in the sandbanks [:D]dream on boy[:D]

BMW Z1 ( sold)
Westfield sport carbon (sold)
Eurosport x1/9 turbo (sold)
TR8 coupe
TR7 v8 monster on 245 tyres all round
TVR VIXEN

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 04 Apr 2008 20:33

Sounds good... where's my tin-opener?

<ul><b><li>Ex BL Development TR8 (Rally Replica).</li>
<li>The First and Only UK TR7 "Victory Edition" (Now Sold) </li>
<li>Ex-BL/Safety Devices Development 8v Rally Car.</li>
<li>"The Shape of things to Come" Trailer.</b></li></ul> Image

<b><font color="blue">http://www.croyde-bay.com/triumph.htm</font id="blue"></b>

<b><font color="blue">croydebay@aol.com</b></font id="blue">

TR Tony
TRemendous

Postby TR Tony » 04 Apr 2008 22:08

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tr8coupe</i>

[:D]Poole is one of the best places in UK and my dream is to buy a place in the sandbanks [:D]dream on boy[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sandbanks? Very des res area - keep buying the lottery tickets[;)]

Anyone fancy going along? Only about 45 mins drive for me[:)]

Tony
<font size="1">1981 2L FHC Cavalry Blue - very original & not rusty!
1980 3.5L V8 DHC Regency Red - on the road again.</font id="size1">

john
TRiffic

Postby john » 05 Apr 2008 13:51

yep i'm up for this sometime this year going to try and drag a few others with me, keep me updated on when your thinking of going and i'll do the same

[8 whole cylinders worth of punch to ram the world through the windshield and out the rear view mirror. Car & Driver]
1981 Grinnall TR7 v8
1981 Black FHC
1979 & 1980 Black Premium FHC(laid to rest) Sorry :-(

John