Anonymous

Stoneleigh

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
paul w
Wedgista

Postby paul w » 10 Feb 2008 21:37

WOW! Had a GRREEEAAAAATTTTTTTT day! Glorious sunshine this morning
all the way up to the show.Met John and Susie Clancy,Chris T,John
(black Grinnall),Phil and Kev,Jim J.,Phil Horsley(the Grinnall nut!),
TR Tony,The Bobsport boy's(just can't stay away-bought 2 boot lid
spoilers!1 of 'em has high viz brake lite after i said here that i
can't stand 'em!)and many other wedgemaniacs - but John 215,bloody
missed ya mate,we gotta meet up some day - goin' to the 'sportboys'
this sat to pick up afore mentioned boot lid boomerangs!Maybe see
ya there,mate??Nice pics by the way.Heres some non wedge shots as
i took similar to Mr.215.........

This last one for a laugh has a Merc full elecky interior!
Finally,just to prove my car is GREEN,not Bloody BLACK!
Oh!Last but certainly not least,Hi to Samco,really pleased to finally
catch up with a resto master.The man is even gonna supply my holey
Grinnall with some floor panels sometime,cheers mate,safe journey home.

See ya. Paul
p.s. sorry if i ommited anyone i met today,your all stars!

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 10 Feb 2008 21:41

Arrived home safe and sound 10.15pm. Thanks to Chris and John for helping get the car back to the trailer and everybody else for making it such a great day out. Will get some pix on the website soon.

Steve (and son, Sam)

<ul><b><li>Ex BL Development TR8 (Rally Replica).</li>
<li>The First and Only UK TR7 "Victory Edition" (Now Sold) </li>
<li>Ex-BL/Safety Devices Development 8v Rally Car.</li>
<li>"The Shape of things to Come" Trailer.</b></li></ul> Image

<b><font color="blue">http://www.croyde-bay.com/triumph.htm</font id="blue"></b>

<b><font color="blue">croydebay@aol.com</b></font id="blue">

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 10 Feb 2008 22:36

Hi,
Sorry Chris [:I] and of course the same to Mr Thomas [8)] I thought that Triton Green TR8 was a highly accurate conversion!! I know now the truth!, there was another TR8 DHC for sale in the other hall US re inport converted to RHD running SU's on it
Your car was attracting a lot of admirring glances Paul ,which is no supprise as the pictures dont do it justice. Was going up to Robs on Friday but can go on Saturday just as easy,so hopefully see you then. We probaly bumped into one another and never realised!! was crowded at times [:D]
Did anyone see that Peerless in the barns[?] white with a blue stripe, what a lovely looking car.
Just found another '7' picture once again in the 'barn'

Anyone's on here[?][?]
Cheers John.

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!
1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)
1982 2.0 DHC Soon to be a 4.6 fire breather!!
Read My Blog http://www.waringstowntr7s.co.uk/blogs/ ... hp/John215

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 10 Feb 2008 22:56

Call me Steve.....that's John and Suzie Clancy's car (of Project Bullet fame). I got some very good shots of the cars in the barn, i'll get them up soon.

Yes, Chris's (ex) TR8 looked very nice in it's new paint. I had the identical colours RHD UK TR8 (now sold) which is currently being restored, looking forward to seeing that one day soon. I'm off to bed after a very long TR day!

<b><font color="blue">http://www.croyde-bay.com/triumph.htm</font id="blue"></b>

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 11 Feb 2008 09:26

Hi All,

I had an awesome day as well at Stoneleigh yesterday as well. It was quite a good turn out too, with cars filling not one but TWO barns at the showground.

Scraped the ice off the car in the morning, got the layers on, had a run to the petrol station to thaw out the softop and went roof down for the rest of the way, chilly but great in the sun. [:D]

I struggled to get round the stalls in time as every few yards I got chatting to someone else, but thats what made it such a great event. Nice to see some of the cars from the forum in the barns especially Johns Grinnal and the V8 of Paul W. I had some of the Grinnal info for you in the car Paul as promised, but will have to email it instead when I get a chance.

My Grinnal was parked next to a gorgeous 1940's Triumph Roadster in the second barn, was amazing to see the two extreme ends of the Triumph sports car spectrum together.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos!!

Wayne

Purple 2.0 Litre DHC Grinnal

john
TRiffic

Postby john » 11 Feb 2008 10:41

Dam that wayne i didn't realise there was two barns i hope someones got some photo's of the second barn [B)]

As you say brilliant day lovely weather i came up from the sunny south with a newly converted TR7 owner and helped him spend some money. [:D]

The grinning Grinnall purred all the way. What a treat for the public we served up both FHC and Drophead gracing the A34 and M40 i bet that got the younger generation foxed (not all of them eh Wayne just the un-educated) and a bit of nostalgia for the rest.

[8 whole cylinders worth of punch to ram the world through the windshield and out the rear view mirror. Car & Driver]
1981 Grinnall TR7 v8
1981 Black FHC
1979 & 1980 Black Premium FHC(laid to rest) Sorry :-(

John

paul w
Wedgista

Postby paul w » 11 Feb 2008 20:52

I'm sorry to have missed you Wayne,did'nt know about the second
'shed full' either.Really wanted to see your Grinnall and will be
pleased to receive any info'you have.
John, (215)will def'be at Robsport this Sat' with Rob.If the
weather stays good i'll introduce you properly to the 'Green Monster'
Maybe have a beer and lunch in the pub next door! I'll e'mail ya to
arrange time.
We all gotta' make the effort to meet at Billing this year.

See ya. Paul

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 12 Feb 2008 08:50

We had a great time. I don't think Stoneleigh is the best show in the world but if you're restoring a Triumph there's probably nothing better. I just enjoy seeing all the cars and meeting all the people.

I may be getting old but I'm now appreciating every model of Triumph regardless. I wonder if more of us are finding this nowadays. It's interesting for me simply because the TR7 was the first time I took any notice of the marque and as it was so different I didn't really feel much allegiance to any other model initially.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 12 Feb 2008 22:32

OK, the pics wot I did take with my camera at Stoneleigh are now up. If you would like to put owners names to the cars I'll add them too.
Talking of appeciating other models of Triumphs, I seem to be developing a liking for early spitfires.. the silver one is a very cheeky chapie and the red ones not bad either.

Web page here... [url]http://www.croyde-bay.com/tr-wac-page-27.htm
[/url]

My Best/Favorite Tr7? One of these two..

Both great looking cars..

simon hubbard
Rust Hunter

Postby simon hubbard » 13 Feb 2008 08:23

We had a great time at Soneleigh also, i took my wife and our little daughter who had a great time looking at the cars and also patting/poking a couple of very friendly dogs, which she adored. She had her picture taken by the TR7 on the stand for nursery school.

The weather was great and looking through the barns was fantastic. Having had a Spitfire - many years ago, a Dolomite 1500HL, a Herald and I also have a Vitesse (stored in garage at parents), plus my wife used to have a Stag we definately have the Truimph bug. And seeing the cars was superb.

Best moment was looking at all the macho men driving off with lots of revs and noise from their sporty exhausts - then to be followed out so sedately, smoothly and quietly by an elderly lady in her nice looking white Herald. Fantastic, and good luck to her!

Sadly the TR7 was not working - it never does at the moment, so we drove our normal car, but nearly came away with a nice Stag and i would love to get my hands on a Dolomite Sprint.

TRR676R Speke Built 2.0L Tahiti Blue TR7

Steve-LPS-Thomas
Wedgista

Postby Steve-LPS-Thomas » 13 Feb 2008 09:12

I see that all my images are currently missing... this is because my website hosts, Easyspace, seem to be having some problems. Hopefully all will be restored later.

trphil
Swagester

Postby trphil » 13 Feb 2008 11:55

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simon hubbard</i>

We had a great time at Soneleigh also, i took my wife and our little daughter who had a great time looking at the cars and also patting/poking a couple of very friendly dogs, which she adored. She had her picture taken by the TR7 on the stand for nursery school.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Simon, if you're a TRDC member (or even if you're not) how about a TR Juniors article for the magazine? I'm sure your daughter would like to show the article and photo in the magazine to her preschool friends...

simon hubbard
Rust Hunter

Postby simon hubbard » 13 Feb 2008 12:49

Yes i am a (new) member of TR Drivers club, will do an article, i will check submission dates in the magazine when i get home tonight.

TRR676R Speke Built 2.0L Tahiti Blue TR7

gordon kerr
Swagester

Postby gordon kerr » 13 Feb 2008 12:53

<font color="green">GHR 101 W the black/maroon two tone dhc belongs to Rob (and/or Kevin) Hall from the Northants & Leics group of Club Triumph with whom we travelled up in convoy. All our cars were parked together in that shed. Not sure if they frequent this forum though.

GRD was parked a few cars along but was a bit dirty and obviously didn't merit a picture [;)]</font id="green">

<font color="green">Gordon
GRD 1980 Brooklands Green 2l FHC
OVC 1980 Platinum Silver 3.9l V8 FHC
Bedford, UK.
</font id="green">

john
TRiffic

Postby john » 13 Feb 2008 13:14

Why thank you Steve

for your comments on GFR especially comming from a well respected memeber of the Triumph community as yourself.

As for your two rally replica's they are certanly the Biz and you gotta just love your trailer.

[8 whole cylinders worth of punch to ram the world through the windshield and out the rear view mirror. Car & Driver]
1981 Grinnall TR7 v8
1981 Black FHC
1979 & 1980 Black Premium FHC(laid to rest) Sorry :-(

John