Anonymous

Classics on the Croxley Green

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
busheytrader
TRemendous

Classics on the Croxley Green

Postby busheytrader » 06 Aug 2016 13:05

After a number of rainy days the weather stayed dry last Wednesday. Classic parking is free with a charity donation in the bucket as you draw up from 2pm onwards.

It was probably the fullest that I've seen it in recent years. Originally due to work commitments I wasn't expecting to go but managed it in the end.

In the past there have only been a couple of wedges on the village green, including mine. However there were several this time around even though I had to go in my daily driver which for a while was the only MX5 I could see.

MX5 Launch Ltd Edition

John215's 4.6 litre beastie. No sign of John though.......had a good look round...

I think this might be Manwithtool's TR7V8

Another one

This look like Stuart's TR7V8 from TRDC

Another brace, one with a V8....

Another DHC and just realised the reg no. is one number up from one of the previous.

Mine was Persian Aqua when I bought it in 1986...

The paint on this V8 equipped Mk1 Ford Cortina was glorious
Image Image

Another wedge with bumbers blended in to the bodywork... I'd be worried about a slow impact with this.

john 215
TRemendous

Re: Classics on the Croxley Green

Postby john 215 » 06 Aug 2016 22:08

Hi Adam,

I thought it was you driving out in your Mazda, but glasses wasn't at hand so didn't want to risk shall we say confusion if it was not you, agree great meeting and very busy.

For those on the Book Of Face put loads of pictures up..... look under John Lucas, yeah I know I too have been lured over to the darkside ! Who knew ! !

Good picture of mine Adam, thanks,

Did you see the blue TR7 V8 ? interesting stuff under bonnet

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME !

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

1976 Speke FHC BEAUTY FITTED WITH OVERDRIVE GEARBOX

1979 3.5 FHC CURRENTLY GARDEN ART !

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

busheytrader
TRemendous

Re: Classics on the Croxley Green

Postby busheytrader » 07 Aug 2016 12:26

I don't know why the photo of yours looks like it's sitting under its own storm cloud. It should look more like this

That blue wedge looked interesting under the bonnet. I hadn't posted the photo originally since my thumb makes an appearance.

This TR6 had a supercharger as well as nice paint.
Image Image