Anonymous

Vancouver Island Motorsports Track

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
FI Spyder
TRemendous

Vancouver Island Motorsports Track

Postby FI Spyder » 25 Jul 2016 00:35

OECC Club had an outing to Vancouver Island Motorsport track that opened June 24. Tilke designed to F1 standards. Audi introduced their A8 here earlier this spring. They were impressed with track. Brought 150 tires, took 75 home unused (low tire wear). Other manufacturers doing the same. Phase two to start soon. 270 acres with off road track so manufacturers can show/teach their customers you can do more than get groceries. Same timing/cameras etc they use in F1. The system can spot wild life in red boxes (like deer that jumped over fence and bear that got under already). It's a private training (not racing) track for members/commercial plus what ever to fill it up (up to 499 members). They have bought Aerie resort and are refurbishing it for luxury accommodations. Scott Speed and Danny Sullivan already been here. They said if their families are put up for vacation for a couple weeks they would be guest instructors. We had "parade laps" but I got stuck behind a slow supercharged MGBGT. I'd idle along the straights so I could catch him in the corners at speed. Thought I might get black flagged. After in parking lot I pulled up to an MGB and he said he could smell the sweet smell of burning tires of "spirited driving".

http://s119.photobucket.com/user/Spit999/slideshow/2016/VI%20Motorsport
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT