Anonymous

New Forrest Run - 17th April 2016

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
moestr7v8
Swagester

Re: New Forrest Run - 17th April 2016

Postby moestr7v8 » 31 Mar 2016 21:13

Hi John
I think I may have given you the wrong info the classics on the quay which, are I think, at Christchurch which is just up the road from Highcliffe and the Bournemouth one is classics on the prom. Both are great shows with a really good selection of cars.
There is also a car meet at Muddeford Quay on a Sunday but I am not sure when that one starts.
Cheers
Moe

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 01 Apr 2016 06:48

Hi Moe,

No worries mate, as I said we have various ' Classics On The Greens ' around here, guess in land locked Bedfordshire we are short of quays ! Got to drop Charlotte back to Solent Uni. so thought will have a nose around, often nice to see different cars out of your normal area and judging by the turn out on a wet Easter Sunday it may be worth a visit.

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME !

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

1976 Speke FHC BEAUTY FITTED WITH OVERDRIVE GEARBOX

1979 3.5 FHC CURRENTLY GARDEN ART !

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 18 Apr 2016 16:22

Hi,

Excellent car's

Excellent company

Excellent event

Excellent weather ( well it is mid April and night before in Luton, 100 miles north, it was snowing ! )

What else can I say !

Like to thank all those that organise this event and take a day out there precious spare time to run it, well done.

If you have not done this event then DO IT next year you will not regret it.

Top the day off had a two man convoy back up M3 with Andrew, your sound great as you passed at M25 junction mate 8)

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

Maxwell
TRiffic

Postby Maxwell » 18 Apr 2016 19:43

Took me hours to get the oil-slick off the windscreen this morning..... :lol:
Ping me the image by e-mail please!

Maxwell :D
3.5 TR7 DHC \ Current :D 8)
2.0 Mazda MX5 Sport

moestr7v8
Swagester

Postby moestr7v8 » 18 Apr 2016 22:32

Hi John
Glad to hear you had a great day, unfortunately we didn't make it, last year it was me against the grim reaper this year it was v8 versus me :( got five miles up the road and the temp gauge was off the scale, we had a couple of attempts to sort it but to no avail, limped home and it turns out the thermostat, new one that I put in last November and it was made in the UK, had jammed shut so a very disappointed day, but it could have been a lot worse with a blown engine so I was rather glad the gauge was
working.
Never mind we will try again next year!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers

Moe

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 19 Apr 2016 07:11

Hi Moe,

Did look out for you, shame you didn't make it but as you say always next year. Going to be the silver jubilee of this event and talk of finishing at the excellent Beaulieu motor museum so one for the calendar for sure.

Glad you got it sorted, IF it had been the gauge then Albert Tingey was there checking resistance's and how accurate gauges on V8's were. Could have had it checked by a expert !

I think TR7,8s and V8's possibly down on previous years as is the loads of Stags :roll: but a fair mix all in all. Rare car's how about a T reg DHC :shock: Tony, Roy and myself went straight over to view when the rumour of it being there broke but ............. appears to be a re-import converted to RHD going by the chassis number but nevertheless still has a T plate on it.

Taken at halfway tea break -

These stickers in a Toledo caught my eye and made me chuckle :D

As normal got a memory card full of pictures.
ImageImageImage Image