Anonymous

All Triumph Drive In photos

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
Spectatohead
Swagester

All Triumph Drive In photos

Postby Spectatohead » 16 Aug 2015 07:06

Jim Clark
'80 TR8
'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Re: All Triumph Drive In photos

Postby FI Spyder » 16 Aug 2015 15:48

Nice pics/venue. Nice of them to let you park on the grass, it sure is green (brown here). Don't they have watering restrictions or do they have their own wells (I guess if it's out of everybody's jurisdiction).

I'll be down in a few weeks to ABFM. Registered yesterday.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

Spectatohead
Swagester

Postby Spectatohead » 16 Aug 2015 16:31

They did make us slide large pieces of cardboard under the cars. Good thing too. They should have had an oil spot contest. There was at least a little spot under every TR8. Mine had a little spot of transmission oil and a very large spot of power steering fluid.

It was brown and dry everywhere around the venue. They have various wetlands and water features in the park. The show was very regimented time wise because the garden was open to the public. If you arrived after 8:45 you were turned away. At noon everyone had to leave en masse. It did provide the nice photo op of all of the wedges leaving together. It was a very nice day without the insane heat that we have been having for much of the summer. Morning clouds and pleasant temperatures gave way to sunshine and temps in the low 80s F. I'm just sorry I didn't know I could make it sooner because many things, like the welcome party and the awards banquet, could not be purchased on the day of the event. Isn't it BCTR's turn next year? If I'm still working, I will definitely try to make it up. The PTOA set the bar pretty high with this one I think.

You can see the cardboard pieces leaning against a tree in this shot. The two guys sitting there own the Stag and TR8 at the entrance to our little area. They directed the cars where to park and got you your chunk of cardboard.

Jim Clark
'80 TR8
'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

Last TR
Swagester

Postby Last TR » 17 Aug 2015 17:24

I'll try to get some photos posted when I can download my pictures. It was a very nice venue. As Jim noted, the gardens have an extensive wetland that provides additional treatment to the city wastewater; I suspect the irrigation is done with this treated water. We missed the driving tours and dinner on Saturday because of a family wedding, but took the covered bridge tour on our own yesterday. Heading for the Oregon coast today and Minnesota - by plane - next week. Will be back for the Portland ABFM.
Ken Morton
Anchorage, Alaska
Image Image Image
1980 TR8, 1973 TR6, 1965 Volvo PV544, 1958 MGA, Jeep Cherokees

Wildrover
Wedgling

Postby Wildrover » 18 Aug 2015 10:09

Looks like a fantastic venue. Persian Aqua certainly still looks very good on the car.