Anonymous

Beaches Cruise In

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
Spectatohead
Swagester

Beaches Cruise In

Postby Spectatohead » 25 Jun 2015 07:25

Beaches is a restaurant here in Vancouver, Washington. All summer long they sponsor a cruise in at Portland International Raceway every Wednesday night. I had never been before because it was limited to pre 1973 model year cars. They've relaxed it somewhat allowing exotics and any Corvette and some others. Tonight the Portland Triumph Owners were the featured club. So I went. I took lots of pictures up until the battery in my phone died. People were saying the turn out was down a little because of the hot day. 84F. I was the only Wedge out of the 21 Triumphs. I'm sure there were at least 500 cars. They say they often get closer to 1500. Lots and lots of American iron but some Germans, and other British cars besides the Triumphs. Notably two Opel GTs. I won't post all of the pictures here. Some are kind of blurry. Here's a link to my Photobucket though.

http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/jim_c ... ruise%20In

Jim Clark
'80 TR8
'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Re: Beaches Cruise In

Postby FI Spyder » 25 Jun 2015 14:58

Nice eclectic mix. Reminds me of last weekend. Wouldn't mind one of those Opel GT's if I had an 8 car garage. :D

It's going back up into the '80's here on the coast again in the weekend as the high pressure stays rooted out in the Pacific like it has that last two months. The '80's would be a nice cool evening to those in the southern States.
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT