Anonymous

Not Your Typical Car Show

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
whitenviro
Swagester

Not Your Typical Car Show

Postby whitenviro » 10 Jun 2015 21:42

I've been doing some testing work for a local scrapyard company lately. The pictures of the place reminded me of John215's pic heavy posts of all the car shows!

All of them lined up with their hoods open,

Even a few classics:

Including a Spitfire that had seen better days, complete with its own garden growing in the passenger seat:

Some real trailer queens:

The show was so well attended that they ran out of room to park and had to start stacking them:

And they had an auto-jumble:

They even had an air show going on at one of the yards:

On the whole, it was a great show!
1980 Pageant Blue DHC with removable hardtop.

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Re: Not Your Typical Car Show

Postby FI Spyder » 10 Jun 2015 23:46

Lol. Watch it, you are going to have those UK types drooling. :lol:
- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 2013 Volt - Yellow TCT

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 11 Jun 2015 07:01

Hi,

Drooling

How true is that ! ! ! Thanks to the idiots in Europe :x we are not allowed scrap yards like that anymore :cry: All our have to have the car's disassembled and the parts put on shelves. You are then served from behind a counter. Spent many a Saturday or Sunday climbing over cars stacked four high getting parts for mates and my own car, not to mention all the small parts you could stuff in your pockets !!! A lot of those car's would worth a fortune now...... especially if it had a Ford blue oval on it

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME !

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

1976 Speke FHC BEAUTY FITTED WITH OVERDRIVE GEARBOX

1979 3.5 FHC CURRENTLY GARDEN ART !

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

Ianftr8
Swagester

Postby Ianftr8 » 14 Jun 2015 14:29

I know exactly what you mean John, we have lost several good scrappies round our way over the years, like you we spent many a weekend extracting useful parts to keep my string of bangers on the road.
There are still one or two old school yards round here where you can wade ankle deep in oily mud but they are disappearing very quickly - don't think many people bother fixing old cars any more.

Cheers
Ian
Ian Freeman
1979 TR8 DHC KDU 315V Poseidon Greens USA car that never crossed the pond. Kept by the factory for it's first 14 months.
Triumph Courier
Triumph owner for 40 years
From near Chelmsford in Essex, UK

nick
TRiffic

Postby nick » 14 Jun 2015 15:43

That spitfire looks like it has a bunch of good parts. Any other nuggets to be mined in that yard? Where is it located?
ImageImage
nick
'79 TR7 DHC
'76 TR7 FHC