Anonymous

Anyone Going To TR Register I.W.E. Now With Pics

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
john 215
TRemendous

Re: Anyone Going To TR Register I.W.E. Now With Pics

Postby john 215 » 11 Aug 2015 07:11

Hi Henry,

Sorry to have missed you, would have been great to put a face to a name. I was there all weekend and brought my wrist band on line before the cut off so £29, about the same I pay for three days at Billing so in my case on my own not bad for a weekend with great cars and company plus I drank a lot of that back with free ale Friday evening :wink: . Having said that two on the day is not a cheap day out and more than last time I was at Malvern. Nice to be on your door step though and a lovely part of the world you live in. Personally think better than last year under the new management team and hopefully Lincoln will be even better but need MORE wedges there !

Hi Phil,

Great to catch up on Saturday, as you say Phil H considering everything he has been through looked in great shape and very positive, seams like every other person our age I spoke to is on the mend from something or other, sucks getting old, your car mate -

Getting some good looks from gents behind and well deserved too 8) Phil had his Grinnals too but lkie a lot of cars left them in his camping area.

I will possibly get round at some point posting all the pictures, it just takes ages !! Thank you for the comments it makes taking them in the first place worth while :)

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME !

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

1976 Speke FHC BEAUTY FITTED WITH OVERDRIVE GEARBOX

1979 3.5 FHC CURRENTLY GARDEN ART !

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

John_C
Rust Hunter

Postby John_C » 11 Aug 2015 08:32

Yes, the cost of admission is outrageous if you can only go for a single day. We could only get there on the Sunday and it seemed the admission cost was the main topic of conversation - I suppose a lot of us were shell shocked by it. Putting on a show like that is a major undertaking but with costs having spiralled out of control it's good that they've given up on Malvern. Trouble is, I think we're all expecting a financial disaster by moving to Lincoln but hopefully the venue will cost nothing by comparison and the club can get through it until somewhere more suitable in the midlands is located.

But despite the comparatively poor numbers attending on the Sunday we both very much enjoyed seeing everyone. And that is the main reason for going to a Triumph show - to see all our friends. I'd be happy to simply park up in a field like we do at Billing but I do appreciate the efforts a few people go to with the TR Register national to try to make it something different. It's open to debate if it's worth the cost because I know several TR owners from here who no longer go because they resent the price of admission. I also heard several stories of groups of Triumphs turning around at the gate and heading home. That's serious. But I'm sure the new management will get all this sorted for next year even though it's highly unlikely we'll take a drive all the way to Lincoln. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the longer term.

Finally, this message is not intended to be negative, I just wanted to put my thoughts out there to see what others think. John L. has made some very good points about his complete weekend being very good value and that's important. It's such a shame many of us have to work and so getting away for a single day is pushing it.
The Best TR7 & TR8 Documentaries Ever Produced Available Here:
www.triumphdvd.co.uk

Chunk
Swagester

Postby Chunk » 11 Aug 2015 22:43

Thanks for the photo John L.
Yeah, once you get to the 50 mark, it all starts aching a bit.
My arms had a good work out in the Autosolo.
Will be interesting to see what the future holds for the IWE.
Should have been the same price for Saturday and Sunday.
£20 is ok ish, but £30. Ouch. Especially non members on the gate.
Cheers.
1979 TR7V8 FHC.
DJE 4.6 Block and Heads.
25 years of tinkering and tuning......So far!
Now available in red.
Featured on John Clancy's DVD Bullet Reloaded.

Maxwell
TRiffic

Postby Maxwell » 12 Aug 2015 00:19

Still waiting for 'Oliver' to appear - his first outing under new ownership!
The gold decals were barely 24 hours old...
Oliver? It's a V8 and probably drinks like a fish!

Maxwell :lol:
3.5 TR7 DHC \ Current :D 8)
2.0 Mazda MX5 Sport

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 12 Aug 2015 07:12

Hi,

All very good points Phil and Jon, on Saturday there was a lot more going on, auto solo, technical seminars, arena displays, hypnotist, disco and even a car gymkhana ! so pound for pound you got more, still steep for a car show but well under the price of a good night out !!! Talking to Howard P and he too mentioned they about broke even so for any event that has to be a aim. Will people go to Lincoln, I hope so and hope some you will too, be great not to be a minority !

This lot come from all over Europe so if they can make it ? ? ? ? Ladies and Gents I give the oversea TR Register members after there excellent parade ( rather noisy one too ! ! ) around the whole site Saturday evening 8)

And Andrews new car -

Mr Clancy's car basking in the sunlight 8)

TR7's on display on Sunday, before cutting of a wedge cake yum !

Early ACN TR8 was simply superb on the end of the row, a birthday present from her husband :shock:

Oh mine made it there too !

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

OLD SCHOOL MECHANIC - STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE A CAR APART.. BUT ... SKILLED ENOUGH TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN !

John_C
Rust Hunter

Postby John_C » 12 Aug 2015 08:08

I heard of more people who turned around at the gate on Sunday when they were asked for £40 admission. It appears the number of cars and people who did this was at fairly serious levels and needs to be addressed. The answer is to scale things back or re-negotiate what is being paid to venues. Sounds like a hard businessman is required so maybe we should second Chris Turner over just to get things sorted.
The Best TR7 & TR8 Documentaries Ever Produced Available Here:
www.triumphdvd.co.uk

tr8
Wedgista

Postby tr8 » 12 Aug 2015 14:55

Is the ACN on my list?

Henry
Wedgling

Postby Henry » 12 Aug 2015 17:44

One of our other interests is geocaching, a high tech treasure hunt with hand held GPS. We recently went to a large gathering at a place called Barleylands, near Billericay in Essex, several large fields available for camping, loads of car parking better facilities than Malvern and it was free :D :D
No way am I paying £40.00 for us two again where ever it is.
My Triumphs:
TR7 V8 KDM995Y Current
GT6 PUD612M still in family
TR7 V8 PLK224W Sold
TR7 donor car for PLK224W
GT6 written off
2.5 PI saloon - sold

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 12 Aug 2015 20:12

Hi,

Is the ACN on my list?

Sorry fella, didn't get the full chassis number, all I can tell you is it an auto, originally had red interior but now green and was imported into Europe from Canada. Have some more pictures if that helps ????

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Postby rugbyref1 » 12 Aug 2015 20:14

Hi Paul

yes this one is on your list
Christopher

A respectable collection.

tr8
Wedgista

Postby tr8 » 12 Aug 2015 20:34

Could be my old ACN1081

rugbyref1
Site Admin

Postby rugbyref1 » 12 Aug 2015 20:39

indeed it was ... :)
Christopher

A respectable collection.

moestr7v8
Swagester

Postby moestr7v8 » 12 Aug 2015 20:58

Hi John C
The entry price argument has been going on for several years, the main answer to the complainers is that the cost of putting the show on requires the high entry fee, this not only applies to people attending but also to trade stands, not sure what the charge is, maybe Steve Wilcox can enlighten us on trade charges, which probably accounts for fewer stands this year
I cannot attend for the whole week-end so go for one day like many others, and every year there are complaints of the entry costs.
I don't know why it is so expensive at Malvern because the facilities are not that great!!!!!!!!!
All I know it is one hell of a task putting shows like this on and a lot of people give their time for free to whom we all send our thanks but the argument will always be there about the entry charges. How much will it be at Lincoln? Probably the same. :cry:
Cheers
Moe

tr8
Wedgista

Postby tr8 » 13 Aug 2015 03:48

john 215 wrote:Hi,

Is the ACN on my list?

Sorry fella, didn't get the full chassis number, all I can tell you is it an auto, originally had red interior but now green and was imported into Europe from Canada. Have some more pictures if that helps ????

Cheers John

Would love to see some more pictures of the TR8 Coupe. see how it is doing after all this time.

Paul

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 13 Aug 2015 06:55

Hi Paul,

Would love to see some more pictures of the TR8 Coupe. see how it is doing after all this time.

Spent a while talking to the lady owner on Friday evening, spoke very good English..... a lot better than my Dutch ! As I said before her better half imported it as a birthday present from Canada... WOW.... it now has a green tartan interior, was it red when you owned it. The wheels are an off silver colour, they believe that was standard. They are all 77 date stamped. He had the lovely TR6 in the back ground so were real enthusiasts. IF they are at Lincoln and IF I am still hanging around on here then will try and put you guys in touch.

Cheers John
ImageImageImage Image