Anonymous

21st annual A&W MS Show and Shine

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
FI Spyder
TRemendous

21st annual A&W MS Show and Shine

Postby FI Spyder » 01 Jun 2014 22:00

Ron and I were the only British cars there (the new Mini wasn't part of the show) not counting the blue homemade thing with TR3 underpinnings and a Mitsubishi engine. Is a 427 Cobra British or American?

http://s119.photobucket.com/user/Spit999/slideshow/2014%20A%20W

Weather was too good to stay home. Mostly Detroit iron.

- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra - Yellow TCT

silverseven
TRemendous

Postby silverseven » 02 Jun 2014 01:19

Was this a cars and coffee type meet?

(it's something that has caught on a tad over here , basically up family man types don't have a whole day to waste sitting in a field, so instead meet up a a local resto, have some early morning java with the guys and head back home in time for chores and afternoon soccer practices.....)

Either way, this is my favorite car there !

and this is runner up choice [;)]

Ron.
ImageImageImage

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 02 Jun 2014 03:19

I had your runner up car (one like it, not actual car) when I was 18. Bought it off my brother for $100.

It was a car show in the A&W parking lot (and surrounding) from 9am to 2pm. Entrance fee was $10 minimum or higher donation with the proceeds to go to Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. Some people left earlier than 2pm when there were some prizes given out, best truck, best this, best that, people choice awards (which was the black Camaro with chrome everything under the hood). My favourite was the tan/cream car a few cars down from mine (Chrysler Product I think) but there was a lot of work put into them. Example: The Fiper wasn't a Viper engine stuffed into a truck but an actual Viper engine/trans/running gear/frame with two truck bodies put on top with the truck bodies widened to make it fit. How much work was that. Got fourth place at Pomona, California last year. The bike beside it got first in it's class there (belongs to his son). The 340 was a barn find from Port Alberni, (used to be a lot of money there back in the day when the mill was running and there were muscle cars all over town) just cleaned up and looks like it just came from the showroom floor.

- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra - Yellow TCT

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 02 Jun 2014 03:51

OK, I'll bite.

It looks nice, but what the hell is that car you claim as your favorite.

Hasbeen

whitenviro
Swagester

Postby whitenviro » 02 Jun 2014 04:27

Hasbeen, That -I'm sorry to say- is what Ford passed off as a Mustang in the 1980s - 1990s. Thankfully someone came to there senses and in about 2005 they went to a retro design based on the 1968 model.

[/img]
1980 Pageant Blue DHC with removable hardtop.

Orange Rag
Rust Hunter

Postby Orange Rag » 03 Jun 2014 00:42

My favourite has to be the barn find 71 Cuda 340 4sp!
It was like a time capsule.
It was a great day but the cars and coffee is the better way to go since we are not all retired.
Just tired!

silverseven
TRemendous

Postby silverseven » 03 Jun 2014 01:39

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitenviro</i>

Hasbeen, That -I'm sorry to say- is what Ford passed off as a Mustang in the 1980s - 1990s. Thankfully someone came to there senses and in about 2005 they went to a retro design based on the 1968 model.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

carefull there whitenviro ......there's a lot of 5.0 love over here [}:)] I had blue blood long before I lost my senses and went british.

I'd buy another 79- to 93 fox body 5 litre Mustang in heartbeat (I've had 5 [;)]) hell I'd prolly jump if the right one came around (even the wife knows darn well it's been years I've been jonesing around for another!)

-who knows .....I could even snap and trade the seven if I had to!!

Ron.
ImageImageImage

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 03 Jun 2014 02:17

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by silverseven</i>

carefull there whitenviro ......there's a lot of 5.0 love over here [}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That is apparently so but I never could figure it, too old I guess. If it's not a '69 (or at least either side of it) it's not really a Mustang, before that, they were just warming up the drawing board, after that they started to get fat and heavy looking, then they forgot what they were trying to do.

whitenviro
Swagester

Postby whitenviro » 03 Jun 2014 14:19

I had a 1964 1/2 convertible that I will always regret selling. But they really did hit their peak in 1969-70. I almost jumped back in when they went to the retro look in 2005. Now they seem to be evolving - or going off on another tangent - and have lost my interest again.

[/img]
1980 Pageant Blue DHC with removable hardtop.

silverseven
TRemendous

Postby silverseven » 04 Jun 2014 01:22

fat and heavy would be the 71-73 mustang ....we won't even mention the 74-78 mustang II.

I do appreciate the 64-66 Mustang the most, and a GT350 is one of my favourite cars! The 69-70s though were also getting quite plump, you know actually fox-body might be the lightest of the bunch [especially the LX coupe model]

At the end of the day , [Merv kinda summed it up] we usually like what era of vehicle we "grew" up with , and in my case that would be cars from the 80s and 90s. And nobody can deny the fact that Ford had it right in that era......the 5.0 was where it was at if you liked low buck blank canvas cars...they were cheep to buy,fun to drive and easy to modify ... the aftermarket performance part sellers exploded with bolt-ons and the car became the 57 chevy of a new generation. Like many vehicles good ones are getting harder to find, and the values are increasing. I had way to many memories around these cars to deny the fact that I DREAM of having another one someday soon.

Ron.
ImageImageImage