Anonymous

Saanich Swamp Meet

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
FI Spyder
TRemendous

Saanich Swamp Meet

Postby FI Spyder » 24 Apr 2014 18:36

Saanich Swamp Meet was the first event of the season for British cars, April 13th. The sky was blue, the sun was warm and there was just a hint of a breeze. It is held at the Saanich Historical Society. Besides car displays there is a area in front where you put your car up for sale. You can sell from the boot or rent a table for multiple stuff. It is a museum of the old stuff of everyday local living and business going back to over 100 years.

We stop half way at Tim Horton's for bathroom break, coffee, allowing stranglers and south enders to catch up (first two picts).

There was an interesting MGR V8 from Japan that the guy imported ($15,000) and a blind auction project Herald (very rusty) that only had one entry of $200. Forgot to take a picture of that. In fact didn't take too many pictures all day. Too busy talking to people. When I finally went back to my car to get some antacid for an acquaintance there was a guy waiting for me (all day) that was restoring a TR7 and wanted info. had a good talk with the guy that had the commercial Auto Paint supply display.

http://s119.photobucket.com/user/Spit999/slideshow/2014%20Saanich%20Swap%20Meet

- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra - Yellow TCT